Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Angels

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chaplain_Blackord 
#1 ·
Just thought of a new army list and was wondering what you guys / girls think of it. Armys it will be playing are probably:

Black Templars
Spacewolfs
Ultramarines
Vanilla Space Marines
Chaos
Necrons
Orks
Tau
DemonHunters.

So would you change anything??? Do you think its a good list??? why / why not???

==============================================================
HQ

Brother Captain Tyco @ T.H - 109 pts

Chaplin Lemartes - 94 pts

6 x Death Company - 120 pts

Death Company Rhino - FREE

Total = 323
Elites

Moriar The Chosen - 144 pts

'Furioso' Dreadnought - 95 pts

Heavy Flamer - 10 pts
Smoke Launcher - 3 pts

'Furioso' Dreadnought - 95 pts

Heavy Flamer - 10 pts
Smoke Launcher - 3 pts

Total = 360

Troops

10 x Tactical Marines (inc. sergeant) - 150 pts

Missile Launcher - 10 pts
Meltagun - 10 pts

Rhino - 65 pts

10 x Tactical Marines (inc. sergeant) - 150 pts

Meltagun - 10 pts

Rhino - 65 pts

10 x Scouts (inc. scout sergeant) - 130 pts
9 x Sniper Rifles - 45 pts
1 x Heavy Bolter - 15 pts

Total = 660
Fast Attack

9 x Assault Marines - 225 pts

Meltabombs - 40 pts
2 x Plasma Pistol - 10 pts

V. Sergent - 40 pts

Powerfist - 25 pts
Plasma Pistol - 15 pts

9 x Assault Marines - 225 pts

Meltabombs - 40 pts
2 x Plasma Pistol - 10 pts

V. Sergent - 40 pts

Powerfist - 25 pts
Plasma Pistol - 15 pts

3 x Landspeeders - 150 pts

Multi-Meltas - 45 pts

Total = 905

Heavy Support

Dreadnought: - 75 pts

Twinlinked LaserCannon - 50 pts
Smoke Launchers - 3 pts

Plasma Cannon - 40 pts
Smoke Launchers - 3 pts
Dreadnoght Close Combat Weapon - ------

Plasma Cannon - 40 pts
Smoke Launchers - 3 pts
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon - ------

Total = 234

---------------------------------
Final Points Cost: 2482

Space Marine Troopers : 58
Vehicles : 12

See less See more
#2 ·
there is NO flexability in this army whatsoever, you have almost zero options open to you, where is the back up for your assault marines?

the following armies will mince you, chaos, eldar, dark eldar, witch/deamon hunters, tau, necrons, most other sm chapters & definetly the wolves.

way too light on troops & special charicters you need your opponents agreement to use them & you have 3 of them in this list. you have 5 dreadnoughts in this army 5!! this is a dream come true for certain armies tau, eldar, dark eldar, necrons.

ive got just over 11000 pts in sm's & only have 4 dreads & you have 5 in 2500. some serious rethinking needs to be done on your part about army composition, & before this turns into a flame war, i used to work for the company, so this is what i did ok.

#3 ·
Seriously, get rid of most dreadnoughts, and special characters. Get two more tactical squads. As for the death company, are you sure they get a free rhino? But regardless, get rid of it, and get them jump packs (keep the chaplain). With the points you save on the dreadnoughts you could probably get some assault terminators that can deep strike and do more damage than the dreadnoughts, most of which would get destroyed from around the second round in a big battle like this. If you need vehicles, try getting a Lascannon predator or a Baal predator. Your points look wrong too, your list is 2622 points not 2482.

#4 ·
Never take 5 dreads. Never ever ever. Way to easy to destroy in a bigger game. I use one in my 2500 pt. Blood Angels list. I would put in a lascannon round predator, maybe some termies(i don't use them), and maybe a librarian(quickening hint hint). Drop all the special characters since you can build better ones that are normal. The scouts have no purpose in a BA army as they all have hvy weapons so if you blood rage you lose a full turn for them to shoot. Ditch them and either get BA scout squad or more tacticals. Also BA specialize in jumppacks. Give Death Company jump packs and also play vet assault marines as they are much crazier in hth then normal assault marines.

#5 ·
Can't you guys count, lol theres 6 dreads.... so which dreads would yous drop? and about deathcompany and jump packs. tycho can't use jumppacks and since its his T.H rules he must join the deathcompany. And i prefer it that way as no rolling for blood rage. so the boost stats in the 1st combat round usualy helps. but if i was to take jumppacks would dropping him and taking another chaplin and deathcompany be a good option?

My opponents always agree to speical charicters as they all use them also. Wot do ya mean backup for assault marines?

#6 ·
by back-up for the assault marines imean NO single unit does it on its own.

as for the dreads bin 4 of them!!!

take more troop choices & this will give you a greater tactical flexability in what you can throw at your opponents.

#7 ·
Hey! I noticed tyranids arent on that list !Kev! thinking of chickening out fighting me eh? lol

I have to say that versus necrons Id get rid of most of those dreads since there weapons always glance... or whatever they do... the gauss rule.

Also, I like the dread theme, but it does lower your troop number especially at 2500 pts, I can have hundreds of gaunts at those points. What Im saying is dont ditch all of them, its a nice interesting different theme you have there just reduce the number of dreads to 4 dreads.... moriar and a 'Furioso' Dreadnought and 2 normal dreads or whatever then get more tactical squads or scouts, drop the heavy weapons in the scout squads, although i do know you love snipers its just not very blood angelish but hey its your army.
I dont see why you need support for your assault squads there are 2 squads of 10 and 3 land speeders there... but Im not a BA player so feel free to ignore my opinions lol :lol:

#8 ·
I would hesitate on 2 dreads. What are you thinking!?!?!?NOOOO!!!!! Drop 4 dreads. Drop special characters. MORE TACTICAL MARINES, drop rhinos for shooty squads. Keep scouts they will back up the assaulties good and that should be good. Man, 6 dreadnoughts!?!?!?! Wheewwwww! No!!! ;)

#11 ·
Originally posted by Decado@May 1 2004, 15:09
which from the size & styles of the armies that you will be facing will already be engaged in cc or shot to bits
bro(aka KEV) these guys arent kidding...that list of your will be shread to bits if you dont do something about it.
what they mean by back up is assign some vehicles or units to trail with the assault marines(counter attack damnit!) this way theyll have more chances to survive...
next for the dreads...can someone say SHOOT HIM!
damnit your too dependant on dreads...in that list i would put MAXIMUM 2!!!
for the special characters...listen carefully...NEVER TAKE THEM!!!
i think people in china didnt hear me...
NEVER TAKE THEM!!!
they are unreliable, and they make very high point cost SITTING DUCKS.
moving on: wheres the chaplain for your DC?(dont tell me Lemartes boy ill slap you!) get yourself a chaplain, and get yourself a librarian with lightining claws(sp?) and an honour guard with power weapons so you can shread your oponent apart in CC(ALL WITH JUMP PACKS PLZ!)

well that was my 2 cents,
-CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.