Librarium Online Forums banner

Is Inquisitor Eisenhorn a Jedi??

892 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  thechaplain 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok - read the Eisenhorn books not so long ago and they are bloody good, I'd just like to point out!

But I got to thinking - has anybody else noticed a kind of "jedi" undertone in the books?

I mean - check it out
- Eisenhorn can manipulate peoples actions with his mind (*as Jabba the Hut* Ahhh, the old Jedi mind trick...HA HA HAAAA....)

- He has an apprentice (not unusual for an Inquisitor, but are his pupils more valued than most? They seem very "padawan" to me...)

- He has a bloody Lightsaber, for goodness sake - enough said!

- He (sort of) falls to the Dark Side, after watching a load of olds friends die to fight evil (think Voke facing off with Cherubael)

- He ends up with a shrivelled little mate in a floating chair, who has exceptionally strong psychic powers (that being Ravenor, and the Star Wars parody being Yoda)

- On a slightly more obscure note, he ends up fighting alongside aliens - very un-Inquisitor, but very Star Wars

- He gets betrayed by someone who he thought he could trust - like Lando Calrissian sells out the Rebels

- The bloke who sells him out is called "Endor" - the name of the planet in "The Return of the Jedi"

There are other things, but I can't be bothered to go and get the book. I'm not saying that it's a big conspiracy, or that Dan Abnett is actually George Lucas, I'm just wondering if these references in Abnett's books might be a subtle nod to Star Wars?

Or am I imagining things?:drinking:

What do we think?

See less See more
#2 ·
There are other things, but I can't be bothered to go and get the book. I'm not saying that it's a big conspiracy, or that Dan Abnett is actually George Lucas, I'm just wondering if these references in Abnett's books might be a subtle nod to Star Wars?

Or am I imagining things?:drinking:

What do we think?
Well, at least there's no talking donkey in the Eisenhorn series, but if a captured necron gets sprayed gold and starts wandering around with no gun shouting "Oh, MY!!!" at every little unpleasant turn of events, I'll start to wonder.

I'm not a fan of Abnett's writing style, but since Eisenhorn used much of his own ingenuity to get out of jams (like protagonists are supposed to), rather than simply being rescued at the last possible second by a spectacular CGI-generated action sequence triggered by the sudden and virtually inexplicable appearance of the cavalry (*cough* Clone Wars *cough*), I think it's safe to assume that Abnett and Lucas are not the same person.

#3 · (Edited)
Well, at least there's no talking donkey in the Eisenhorn series, but if a captured necron gets sprayed gold and starts wandering around with no gun shouting "Oh, MY!!!" at every little unpleasant turn of events, I'll start to wonder.
How about Uber Amos - with his (practically) metal body and total cowardice? Rather like C3PO, isn't it!:D He also has his flashes of genius and brave monents - just like R2 D2 - see where I'm going?:)

Thinking about it - they also have a cocky pilot with a fondness for fighting with a pistol and a woman who tries very hard to be a bit arrogant! I'm seeing Stars...;)

OH YEAH BABY!!! Someone loves me - as I'm adding this, there is an ad for Star Wars cursors at the bottom of the page! See - the internet thinks I'm right! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.