Librarium Online Forums banner

Modeling a Soul Drinkers army.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jdog3315 
#1 ·
ok so thanks to my fellow soul drinker fans out their, props to lord sauron and darkreever especially, ive decided on an army list for the soul drinkers. yay!!:party:

now my army is based off the sd army before the mutations and all that. -its cheaper point wise, and im usually around 1k pt games.-

so im hoping you guys can put your minds together and help me decide how to model/ which models will represent some of the main charcters in the army, the ones i'll be using are as follows.

sarpedon- codicier
caeon- captain

luko
tellos

corvan
salk
graevus

ok so the guys in bold, im just going to model as a basic tac srg or assault srg respectivly. nothing to hard or distingushing about them.

no keep in mind the time in the book that im building my army off of, after they broke off from the imperium but right before they got mutations. the sole exception to this is that, i like tellos alot in the books, and want to model him with the chainswords for arms.

so here we go...

sarpedon- what mini that is sold by the blister would best rep him? as of now i think their are 3 or 4, libby blisters to choose from, but im not to sure, you can check them out online at gw. cant decide which one best reps him. or possibly conversion, keep in mind no mutations yet.

Caeon- just a captian from the commander box, with, pwr wpn + bolter, if youve got any better ideas let me know.. and pwr wpn not sure if its a sword, axe, mace, fist, or what...?

Luko- as for dear luko, normal tac model with pair of lgt claws. pretty simple, but again any better ideas let me know...

Tellos- my fav, definetly some conversion here, because of the whole arm issue:D..
so im thinking sm legs, ig torso, ig head(a mean looking head, not a wussie one,)8X
and somehow, dont know how yet but make his arms which are also ig arms, have chainswords attached at the fore arm...... or wrist, -not sure where they were severed...
now when i say ig body parts, i mean the bare chested buff rambo type, so maybe catachan body,arm,head...?

so any ideas or suggestions, especially with the chainsword arms part, would be great..

and as far as paint goes, im thinking liche purple with shining gold trim, i know in the book it says bone trim, but, 1 cover has gold trim, and then again the another has bone trim, so i dont think it matters, plus i think that the gold would look cooler...

so thanks in advace for all your help.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
ok so thanks to my fellow soul drinker fans out their, props to lord sauron and darkreever especially, ive decided on an army list for the soul drinkers. yay!!:party:
Haha, thx J, and you probably will not be surprised by my presence on this thread.

Remember Graevus has a Power Axe, is a PW, but will be in axe form..

sarpedon- what mini that is sold by the blister would best rep him? as of now i think their are 3 or 4, libby blisters to choose from, but im not to sure, you can check them out online at gw. cant decide which one best reps him. or possibly conversion, keep in mind no mutations yet.
One of the newest Libbys should do, just use the one with the staff and he's like all walkin forward and stuff. If you want, just scratch build a dude that looks like the pic on the front of the first book.

Caeon- just a captian from the commander box, with, pwr wpn + bolter, if youve got any better ideas let me know.. and pwr wpn not sure if its a sword, axe, mace, fist, or what...?
Ignore me on this one >.>

Luko- as for dear luko, normal tac model with pair of lgt claws. pretty simple, but again any better ideas let me know...
Use Assault Marine legs and have his stance more lunging forward..like the new Games Day model for this year..but with LC's:D

Tellos- my fav, definetly some conversion here, because of the whole arm issue:D..
so im thinking sm legs, ig torso, ig head(a mean looking head, not a wussie one,)8X
and somehow, dont know how yet but make his arms which are also ig arms, have chainswords attached at the fore arm...... or wrist, -not sure where they were severed...
now when i say ig body parts, i mean the bare chested buff rambo type, so maybe catachan body,arm,head...?
Ok, just get a Catachan or somethin, get a Marine sgt head(the yelling one), and just cut off the hands, green stuff a little to make em look like stubs, and get two more Chainswords..or the fan blades(from the early first book), for his hands. Otherwise, just glue the torso to the legs n stuff. Search google or somethin for ideas;)

and as far as paint goes, im thinking liche purple with shining gold trim, i know in the book it says bone trim, but, 1 cover has gold trim, and then again the another has bone trim, so i dont think it matters, plus i think that the gold would look cooler...
There is a slight possibility. You could do either..or both, like..mix em. Not on the same shoulder of course, but have a dude with bone and a dude with gold..in the same squad;?

so thanks in advace for all your help.
NP, anytime!

Peace:happy:

#4 ·
My friend is doing this list post-mutation. However, he uses the gold shoulders and bone and gold weapon casings. It really looks very good. We all laughed when he started with the purple basecoating, but once he got down to it, it all looked very striking against the dull tabletops. However, I helped him with alot of the conversions:

Graevus- we did just use a typical marine with a pwr ax on this one. However, we got one of the nice pointing hands, and (because we had to do a handswap for the mutation) we posed his other hand so that the ax was at rest by his side, held just below the head. He looks very commanding in this pose.

Luko got the "Dark Eldar Treatment" as we call it. Essentially, you use the bayonets from DE rifles to put 2-3 spikes onto a powerfist. It looks really good, again, he has a pointing hand and a regular raised fist.

Tellos was an easy one for us actually. We used the lower torso from a terminator (bigger legs look good with the bigger body, and fit his 'large' stature), and glued the upper body from a WHFB Chaos Marauder to it. We had to cut the ball-joint from the termy legs, but the fit was good. We also used the marauder's arms, because they wear large wrist-bands. We cut the hands off and used two plasticard swords in a mass of GS to represent the fan blades.
A later model has the arms cut about halfway down the forearms, and two of the curved Chain-sabers from the CSM sprue on it. We cut the arms higher so that they did not look too long with the full swords attached.

Sarpedon was our all time favorite. He's based on the Dreadnought scenic base, and uses a tactical marine. The lower body is from the LOTR giant-spider queen sprue. We covered it in GS to mate it to his body. For the staff we used a Standard-bearer's arm with the banner pole and glued a suitable staffy-bit to the top of it. The head was difffictult, but I modled a basic psychic-hood with some GS. This conversion always turns heads on the table.

I'd be happy to try and get some pics of the army up- he has converted every named character from the book, and all the mentioned squads. He filled out the list with unnamed scout squads, to represent their state at the third book- the last we'd read when we conceptualized the army. I'm glad to hear someone else is trying this venture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.