Librarium Online Forums banner

1500pt Khorne/Tzeentch

991 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Undead Bonzi 
#1 ·
This sunday me and my friend Demandred are going to do a 1500 point battle between his WE and Daemons. I'm going to use this battle as a testing ground and stepping stone for building my 2000 point list. The biggest thing I'm doing here is putting a bigger emphasis on my core troop options by testing out how well larger blocks of Letters work. How they work out will help me determine which of the variants I will use for my 2K list.

This battle should prove interesting as up to this point I've run MSU style core, also there will no doubt be an inevitable showdown between his Treeman and my Herald of Khorne. Should be fun.

Herald of Tzeentch
-Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror (will likely use Death or Shaddow Lore)

Herald of Tzeentch
-Power Vortex, Winged Horror

Herald of Khorne
-Juggernaut, Armour of Khorne, Firestorm Blade

15 Bloodletters
-Musician, Standard

15 Bloodletters
-Musician, Standard

6 Furies

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flamers

7PD
4DD

Only change I'm thinking I might make is to drop one unit of BL's down to bare MSU and run another squad of 6 Furies. Hard to say which will be better, hopefully we get in two battles so I can try both.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great list!

My only suggestion is that if you are of the school that mastery allows full Tz lore then take mastery over vortex every day. Boon will most likely give you more than 1 pd net profit per magic turn / or draw dispel dice, knowing all the other spells of Tz is extra bonus.

#4 ·
Khornes Zippostick is never a waste of points!!!! Even if there is no Treeman it will help me wound your pathetic tree-huggers on 2's instead of 2's....yeah! Besides, who doesn't enjoy the thoughts of Dryads and WE's running around on fire, I know I do.

As to the Lore of Tz, like Demandred says, we don't play that MoS gives you acess to full Tz. The PV guy will most likely spend the game using his 2 PD to cast the lvl 1 spell (unless I roll something fun like Boon of Tz & Bolt of Change. I don't mind trying to blow my Heralds head off by rolling 3 dice) That will leave my MoS caster with 5 PD to burn which should be a lot of fun with Death or Shaddow. Though after he has seen this list I'm sure I'll have 3 DD scrolls to burn through before I can put the magical hurt on.

And if things go badly I can just start yelling "Tzeentch hates you!" when Demandred rolls his dice, that seems to make him roll lots of 1's and 2's.

#5 ·
Nah, it's nearly the same list in every respect, i just found a better use for the nearly 300 points that was going towards the treeman.

i think it would probably be in your best interest to not take flesh hounds or flamers. It should go all into bloodletter units. You should also probably get rid of the Herald's of Tzeentch as well.

I don't think that jugger is very necessary either, you just need lots and lots of letters with a herald on foot.

#6 ·
Excellent suggestions Demandred! While I'm making changes why don't I just swap out all my Heroes for naked Heralds of Nurgle. Then I can replace the entire rest of my army with 10 man Horror units. YEAH!!! You won't get a treesinging off to save your life and my Heralds of Nurgle can totally chase after your WE with their speedy M4. One turn 1 I'll march all my Horrors into the inevitable forest that cover our game board and then we will play the waiting game while my Heralds of Nurgle chase your WE with their speedy M4. SWEET!

Yes, I imagen you needed the 300 points for more Cheese Dancers and as many DD scrolls as you could pack you meta-gamer. While we are making changes I think you should take the one guys suggestion and take 15 GG ranked up with f.c. so you can totally out static res me. YEAH!

#7 ·
Its not meta-gaming! I made my new 1.5 k list like a week and a half ago. I have the same hero setup's so no other scroll caddy's besides my normal amount.

my new 1.5k list does have an extra unit of pwndancers though.

your ideas for a new list are really good though. hurry and go get those horrors and heralds of nurgle!

#8 ·
Its not meta-gaming! I made my new 1.5 k list like a week and a half ago. I have the same hero setup's so no other scroll caddy's besides my normal amount.

my new 1.5k list does have an extra unit of pwndancers though.

your ideas for a new list are really good though. hurry and go get those horrors and heralds of nurgle!

This coming from the person who has complained that I run MSU core so I can stack up on better specials/rares. Most WE don't seem to hesitate to pull out the Treeman to lay the smack down...why is it that you hesitate to do that against my Daemons? :sarcastic: YOU FEAR KHORNES ZIPPOSTICK! Hmmm, might just have to drop those 15 Letters back to MSU so I can run 3 packs of hounds :sinister:.

#9 · (Edited)
Actually I was thinking that unless I am running two treemen to double team stuff I can get far more out of two units than one large target. And its not like I'm skimping out on core for more specials and rares, I'm just replacing a really expensive rare with a rare and a special.

Anyways, in all seriousness, you unfortunately seem to have a pretty strong list. Perhaps the extra charge rang banner on your units of letters would be good. Let them run down my poor glade guard easier.

#10 ·
Ted the Bloodletter will be very dissapointed that there will not be enough firewood for a victory bonfire and s'mores, though it is probably better that you don't run a Treeman. With my luck I'd charge and you would somehow kill my Herald with a Stand and Shoot Strangleroot attack.

#11 ·
Success. My new list incured a Massacer Victory without losing a single model! How did I do this you ask, its easy....Demandred claimed to be 'sick' and we didn't play. I told him his 'sickness' was probably fear of my awsome list and that such a pathetic reason to not play would still count as a victory in my favor. He agreed that he sucks at life and that I win at everything forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.