Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 pt Tourny at the end of January

751 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gsk.Gosu0r 
#1 ·
Ok, as the title says, I'm trying to make a 1500 pt list for a local tournament on January 31st.

I am not dedicated to any of the units in this list except for the Pistoliers. Also I don't want to be extremely shooty...and absolutely will not field a Stank...I just don't like the idea.

I don't actually have any of the models except for the Pistoliers and 10 Halberdiers...so I'm not sure if I will actually be able to build the army on time for the tourny, but at least its an excuse to focus on making the army happen.

anyways, enough talk...here's the list

Captain w. Full Plate + Shield + Barded Warhorse + Sword of Power - 114pts
Battle Wizard lvl 2 - xxx
Battle Wizard lvl 2 - xxx

20 Halberdiers + Full Command - 120 pts
- 10 Free Company (Detachment)
20 Swordsmen + Full Command - 145 pts
20 Swordsmen + Full Command - 145 pts
10 Crossbowmen - xx
10 Crossbowmen - xx
10 Handgunners - xx

5 Pistoliers + Musician + Outrider w. Repeater Handgun - 114pts
5 Knights of the Inner Circle + Full Command + Banner of the Daemonslayer - 220 pts
Great Cannon - xxx

I left it with 52 pts to spare for some extra tweaking room...Also I'm not sure what I want to give my Wizards as far as items go.

As I said, I'm not too attached to any of these units except for the Pistoliers.

Oh! Also something to note...The tables are going to be smaller than usual, 4' by 4' rather than the usual 4' by 6'.
Missions will probably be chosen randomly out of the Rulebook.

Critisism is very welcome. I've only played 1 game with Empire so far and I lost, so any advice would be appreciated.

So, yeah. Thats the list...feel free to disect it, judge and critisise it and point out it's weaknesses, whatever you want...

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!

See less See more
#2 ·
i dont know if its just me but i find a heklstrom fire rocket does more damge overall then a cannon. and now since your tables are smaller there a greater chance of doing damage with this becuase enemy units will be clumped together. so id look into switching cannon for the rocket. Also for the gear for your wizards get power rod witch give plus 1 to rellling to cast and maybe powerstone or the ring(forgot wat called).
Also your general is a little to vulnerable being in a squad of 5 knights im guessing becuas 1 luky combat round can leave that squad run down and out flanked. maybe put him on foot with greatswordmen or pop him hinto one of the units of swordmen. with extra poins you can get more detachments and make the squads bigger.

#3 ·
sorry about the slow response, I've been away from my army book for a few days.

Anyways, I've redone the list.

Captain + Full Plate + Shield + Sword of Power - 100pts
Wizard lvl 2 + Ring of Volans - 120 pts
Wizard lvl 2 + Grey Wand - 140 pts

20 Halberdiers + FC - 120pts
20 Swordsmen + FC - 145pts
- 9 Free Company Detachment
10 Crossbowmen -
10 Crossbowmen -
10 Handgunners -

5 Pistoliers + Musician + Outrider + Repeater Pistol - 114pts
5 KotIC + FC - 170 pts

Hellstorm Rocket Battery -

The total comes to 1499 pts

I took your suggestion for the Hellstorm, and the Grey Wand(I assume thats what you meant). Also I got rid of the Daemonslayer banner, I thought it was a bit too expensive for knights with a unit strength of 10.

I'm worried about monsters or chariots, I'm not sure if I would be able to deal with something like a giant with this list.

Unfortunately I don't know which armies I'll be facing, and I don't know anyone who is participating, so I can't say what to expect.

#5 ·
Captain + Full Plate + Shield + Sword of Power - 100pts
Wizard lvl 2 + Ring of Volans - 120 pts
Wizard lvl 2 + Grey Wand - 140 pts

20 Halberdiers + FC - 120pts
10 Crossbowmen -
10 Crossbowmen -
10 Handgunners -

5 Pistoliers + Musician + Outrider + Repeater Pistol - 114pts
5 KotIC + FC - 170 pts

Hellstorm Rocket Battery -

The total comes to 1499 pts

A few things i can recommend are:
1. Break up 1 unit of Crossbowmen to be 2 x 5 man detachments to your swordsmen. This enables you to split fire and get stand and shoot (and if you dont have a hill, 5 more shots a turn).

2. Im not a fan of the Hellstorm. It overshoots THEN scatters, giving it a possible 20 inches of deviation. Stick with a cannon IMO as it is far more effective at taking out both large clumps and large targets, not to mention character sniping.

3. 5 KotIC? Even with your army comander, thats only US 12 with 9 decent attacks. If they fail to break there target on the charge they will get wiped out quickly, be sure to combo charge them with your pistolers in the side, or be prepared for the very real risk of them dying due to combat rez.

4. This is prob just me, but i MUCH prefer 25 man units. It gives leway for casulties and lets you take a charge and still have a fearful static combat rez :)

Hope this helps

#6 ·
u need dispell 1? scroll better or 2 its ok or change the captain
to warrior priest is more effective :) + hatred to unit + casting + dd ? dont u think? buy him immune to fear + armor 1+save + gw inf... xm... 2nd drop banner 50 points fear sux... better warbanner if u want it.... +25 points and for me more shooty or more heavy units :S choose :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.