Librarium Online Forums banner

2000Pt Wood Elf list

454 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sirkently 
#1 ·
This is my 2250Pt wood elf list, can you recommend changes that can be made and strategies that would be effective with it. Can you also recommend what would be dropped from that for a 2000Pt list
2250 Pts wood elf army
Lords:
Highborn: Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, light armour, shield-209Pts
Heroes:
Spellsinger: 2 dispel scrolls-140 Pts
Noble: Great Weapon, light armour, Hail of Doom Arrow, Helm of the Hunt, Alter kindred-156
Noble, BSB, Faoghir, light armour, shield, great weapon-133Pts

Core:
Glade Guard 1: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 2: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 3: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 4: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Riders 1: 5 riders-120Pts
Eternal Guard 1:14 Eternal guards, full command, Warbanner-223Pts
Dryad 1:8 Dryads-96Pts
Dryad 2:8 Dryads-96Pts

Special:
Wardancer 1: 7 wardancers, musician-133Pts
Wardancer 2:7 wardancers, musician-133Pts

Rare:
Great Eagle-50Pts
Treeman-285Pts
2250Pts

Thanks for the help

See less See more
#3 ·
2250 Pts wood elf army
Lords:
Highborn: Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, light armour, shield-Where are you going to put him. I assume with the glade guard, but it doesn't seem optimal. I would either find the point to make him an alter, or make him a combat character and stick him with the EG.
Heroes:
Spellsinger: 2 dispel scrolls-140 Pts
Noble: Great Weapon, light armour, Hail of Doom Arrow, Helm of the Hunt, Alter kindred-156
Noble, BSB, Faoghir, light armour, shield, great weapon-133Pts
A BSB can't have a shield or great weapon. And I don't really like the banner. Get him a save of some kind.
Core:
Glade Guard 1: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 2: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 3: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Guard 4: 10 guards-120Pts
Glade Riders 1: 5 riders-120Pts
Eternal Guard 1:14 Eternal guards, full command, Warbanner-223Pts
Dryad 1:8 Dryads-96Pts
Dryad 2:8 Dryads-96Pts
If you are going to use EG, then the unit you have is too small. If you are going to go in, go all in, minimum 20 with characters.

And I think you have too many archers. 2 units is usually enough at this level, 3 would be the upper limit.
Special:
Wardancer 1: 7 wardancers, musician-133Pts
Wardancer 2:7 wardancers, musician-133Pts

Rare:
Great Eagle-50Pts
Treeman-285Pts
2250Pts
If you up the EG, then I would make a combat noble for the unit. If you drop the EG, then you should also drop the BSB and get another character as well as make the shooting highborn an alter.

Good luck,
SirKently

#5 ·
Ok, thanks Sirkently, is it possible to give my BSB eternal kindred to get him a save?No
Also, because a character with alter can't be general isn't it a waste of Ld 10 to give it to a highborn?If you are going for the shooter the extra shot and speed is worth more than the ld10. Most armies only have 8 or 9 so us having it isn't to bad. I have run several lists where the general is a ld8 spellsinger.
Thanks for the help No problem
Good luck,
SirKently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.