Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Point list, Blood Angels Wannabe

778 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  4theEmperor! 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have a 1500 point tournament coming up, and I'm still all over the place as to what list I'd like to play. After playtesting my blood angels a few times, I'm not quite sure of their competitive edge anymore. The list below is my stab at a blood angels type list with codex marines. Feel free to rip it to shreds, I'm just trying to figure out a way to get more competitive power-armored choppy. I face a good deal of chaos double-lash, marines of every flavor, with all the other armies sprinkled in.

HQ:

Terminator Chaplain, Digital Weapons - 140
He's going to go with the jumppack-less assault marines in the Crusader.

Troops:

10 man Tactical Squad, Flamer, ML, Powerfist, Rhino - 230

5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles - 75

10 Scouts with 9 CCW, Sergeant with Combi-Melta and Powersword - 165
These guys will outflank.

Fast Attack:

10 Assault Marines, no jumppacks, Sergeant with Powerfist - 215

10 Assault Marines, jumppacks, Sergeant with Powerfist - 215

3 Bikers and Attack Bike with 2 Meltas, Multi-Meltas, Sergeant with Powerfist - 185

Heavy Support:

Land Raider Crusader with Extra Armor, Multi-Melta - 275
Chappy and Assault Marines in here.

It's kind of silly, but I'd like to mess with it to get it at least half-way competitive while keeping it fun. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, Blood angels are very competitvie if you know how to use them.

Yeah you problem is that using a 'wannabe' list as you put it, you cant use half of the stuff us blood angels can, death company, furisos, troop class assaults, etc, therefore you lose the essence of a blood angel force.

First of all our assaults are very rarely with packs. I wouldnt bother with a chaplian, i go for a captain or librarian, with an honour guard (close combat) put them in your raider.

Bin the large scout squad, and get a combat squad of marines (outfit them as a dev squad), i recommend you arm your dudes with plasma guns etc to vape marines.

#4 ·
Well, if you still have an interest in playing BA in your 1500pt tourney we could discuss what problems you are running into with your BA and how BA usually solve those problems... unfortunately I'm no good with Codex SM but your list does seem very assaulty.

#5 ·
Hello!

I have a 1500 point tournament coming up, and I'm still all over the place as to what list I'd like to play. After playtesting my blood angels a few times, I'm not quite sure of their competitive edge anymore. The list below is my stab at a blood angels type list with codex marines.
If you really want an assaulty army, I recommend fine-tuning your blood angels. I find that they wipe out lots of enemies from space marines to tau to tyranids.

For an assaulty Space Marine list here are some suggestions:

Use a captain with lightning claws and probably give him artificer armor too. Add a command squad with a company champion, one or two more power weapons, and a melta gun or flamer. Put them in a plain razorback.

Give your tactical sergeants power fists and give each squad a melta gun and a free heavy weapon (your choice but I like ML and MM). Put them in rhinos with extra armor.

Take an ironclad in a pod. Don't foolishly drop him alone in your enemies deployment zone. One alone will die fast. Use him cautiously. Give him plenty of support.

Take one Assault squad with flamers and power fist for your sergeant.

For your last bit of points, either take a 2nd assault squad, OR take 2 attack bikes with multi-meltas AND a vindicator with extra armor and a siege shield. This is 1500 points as I described.

Another option is drop the command squad and take another tac squad or a scout squad with sniper rifles and camo cloaks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.