Librarium Online Forums banner

Votewar 2 Orks list on the top 4

756 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  mynameisgrax 
#1 ·
The votewar is over and I came on second place and kevin vanrooyen on fourth place(Speed freak list). I lost in the finals agianst and eldar list(Only serpents and one fireprism and mission was Annihilation lucky eldar)

Here is mine list:

Da purpla 'eads

HQ:

Big mek w/ KFF and kombi-skorcha 90pts

Troops:

30 Shoota Boyz w/ 3 Big shootas
Nob w/ Power klaw and Bosspole 235pts

total: 1500pts
wounds: 188

I went all out footslogging and it turned out great only lost 2 games with it. (The fist game and in the finals) Tell me what you guys think about it.

Thanks Warlord Zaktoznaz:dance:

See less See more
#8 ·
The thing with the army is not to deliver alot of damge. It's about to overwhelm your oppenent and just almost sit the game out. There is no way you can take out all those ork and there is no way that the ork wont do any damage. So in all it was not a question to do damge it was to overwhelm and to stay at the end of the game.

Sure you have problems with anti-armour but you ill catch one or two tanks with your PK sometime. Cause you will move the army and when there is no room left for him to go then you take him down with your PKs.

I'm gonna try something like this now very soon in a tounament and see how it dose one the table. I will let you know how it goes.

#11 ·
Horde Orks were cute when the Codex came out, but now they are a joke. You won't be touching vehicles unless your opponent is an imbecile, and all they need to do is push your mobs around with tank shock and drop flamers and templates on them. It's impossible to hold an objective when there's a vehicle you can't touch contesting it.

This is exactly why Votewar is stupid, only noobs think this garbage would be good. And guess who are the only people who care about it and consequently vote.

#9 ·
This might mebut I've always been under the assumption shoota boy nobs can't take a pk becasue they don't have a choppa to replace for it. It aounds stupid but that's how I read it it. That menas you wouldn't have any p.k. If their is an FAQ on this please tell me i'd love to give shoota boys a P.K.

#15 ·
To be fair, at 1500 points that is a LOT of boyz, and I don't start spamming templates until higher up in the points. It will make me consider taking in at least a couple of flame weapons at smaller points values just in case, even if it's in the form of a combi-weapon.

Rather snoozer of a list though. Nog against you personally, I just dislike any single unit spammed ad nauseam.

#16 ·
Now hold on there!

Whoa! ==Me==, that wasn't exactly polite, and I remember a certain member of this board recently telling me and another person not to fight or call each other names. Now ==who== was that again? ^_^

I'm not sure if I'd call that a 'noob' list, per se. To me, a 'noob' list is one that includes errors or major problems with unit setup, making it virtually impossible to win with.

That list can definitely win, but it's going to either do wonderfully or terribly in every game you play, and nothing inbetween. Against any vehicle heavy army you're going to have virtually no chance in doing anything, and claiming distant objectives would be impossible in competitive play, considering that moving that many troops every turn is going to make a full game almost impossible to finish, and without every single turn, you're not going to make it across the board on foot.

Let's look at this objectively, by army type, to review how'd it'd probably do:

Shooty Marines/Imperial Guard/Sisters of Battle/Necron/Gunline Tau: They'll simply roll their army back each turn, shooting you over and over. As long as they're experienced, you'll probably never make it to close combat, and if you get close, they'll cover you in templates. If that wasn't bad enough, most of their vehicles will be unaffected by your shooting.

Chaos Marines/CC Marine Chapters/Dark Eldar/Chaos Daemons: You'll trash these players. Thanks to your sheer number of shots and attacks, they won't stand a chance...unless they're a Chaos player using 2 HQs with 'Lash', or a Chaos Daemons player using several units with 'Pavayne'. In either of those cases, you're probably screwed.

Tyranid/Horde Orks: As long as you can reach them you'll be fine, but if they focus a lot on templates and shooting, you might be in trouble. Despite the size of your forces, Genestealers and Lootas may actually give you a lot of trouble, depending on how they're used.

Speed Freak Orks/Eldar/Mechanized Tau: These armies have just the right combination of speed, armor, and template attacks, and will lay waste to your army. With no way of bringing down most of their transports reliably, your army will probably be powerless to stop them.

As you can see, it's really hit or miss. A common trend is you can beat anyone...as long as they don't bring a lot of vehicles. You could always give them rokkits instead of big shootas, but they'll still have a lot of trouble against mechanized lists. The only exception are Dark Eldar Raiders, which of course aren't actually vehicles.

In case you didn't know, Raiders are actually elaborate Origami cranes, put together by the Incubi a few minutes before each war. It's true. Read the errata.

#17 ·
That was you and another having a fun generalizing contest. "All competitive players are jerks who hate fun and kill puppies" paraphrases it quite well :p I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Marines, IG, Tau and SoB should all be mechanized, if any but IG go gunline they lose. IG gunline works because they have a crap ton of small units with lots of firepower. Gunline Tau and Marines are trash, gunline SoB is a joke.

Necrons are also garbage, thanks 5th ed!

CSM and CC marines should be mech, if they aren't they either need to be focused (monster mash with Defilers and Dreads) or get stomped. Daemons are not competitive.

Bugs would give this list problems because of all the pie plates they throw out. This list doesn't even have Lootas to gun the fexes down. Horde Orks vs horde Orks is a matter of who rolls better.

DE can mech up and keep you at arm's length all game with lots of templates and horrorfexes. They can even CC if need be.

If this crappy list goes up against other crappy lists, it will beat faces in. That's where horde Orks excel. Up against good armies, it will get stomped.

I'm not being mean, just truthful.

#18 ·
Hmm...

Yeah, that paraphrases my opinion of competitive players quite well, actually. ^_^

What I was getting at is that being correct doesn't give you the right to be rude. You definitely had a valid point, but you gave it to him in a very condescending fashion. The fact the list got high up in the votewar doesn't necessarily say much about him, but about the opinions of the voters. Regardless of why a vote is happening (on the internet or in real life), every vote is equal, regardless of the voter's knowledge or experience, and that's something that everyone has to learn to live with.

To go back on topic, I don't really know the new mechanized IG, I haven't seen the book much, and the only IG army I've played against since the new codex came out was mainly gunline. I was just going with what I knew.

Necron can be a tough army to play as, but I wouldn't call them weak. We've have at least one local competitive tournament won by a Necron player, thanks to the game breaking power of Monoliths. The trick is to use the Monoliths, and their teleportation power (to deploy or redploy necron warriors around them), effectively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.