Librarium Online Forums banner

2250 tourny List I have been toying with

799 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gnomish.Id 
#1 ·
Here is a new tourny list I have been playing with for a couple weeks, continually tweaking it. Hoping for some fresh eyes to take a look at it and see if there are any suggestions to improve it that I may have over looked.

Characters
Spellsinger on steed, lvl 2 caster, dispell scrollx2
Alter Highborn LA, Enchanted Shield, Spirit sword, Amaranthine broach
Branchwraith lvl 1 caster, cluster of radients
Noble BSB, LA, Annoyence of netlings, warbanner

Core
Glade Guard x10
Glade Guard x10
Glade Riders x5 Music
Glade Riders x5 Music
Dryads x8 +Branchnymph to babysit my branchwraith
Scouts x5 - It kind of pains me to take scouts, but they were the only thing I could find to fill my point hole, and they were actually kind of effective the last time I ran the list with them

Special
Wardancers x8 - BSB goes with them
Wild Riders x6 Faoghir Banner

Rare
Waywatchers x6
Treeman

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think the level two on the spellsinger will help you much. 5PD and a bound spell just won't overwhelm anyone. I would save the points. That would let you drop those scouts for something useful. Also, our banners aren't that great. I would drop the one on the wild riders, and pick up another waywatcher.

The BSB is a fun idea for the wardancers.

Good luck,
SirKently

#3 ·
Thanks SirKently, now that you mention it, I really only ever seem to use treesinging anyway so a level 2 won't really help me. I've also dropped the scouts and the fagohir banner on the riders, and I switched my alter around a little to be more of a standard alter, droped the spirit sword, just a little too risky. And I picked up a couple more waywatchers.

Updated list:

Characters
Spellsinger on steed, lvl 1 caster, dispell scrollx2
Alter Highborn LA, Shield, GW, HotH, Amaranthine Broach, HoDA
Branchwraith lvl 1 caster, cluster of radients
Noble BSB, LA, Annoyence of netlings, warbanner

Core
Glade Guard x10
Glade Guard x10
Glade Guard x10
Glade Riders x5 Music
Glade Riders x5 Music
Dryads x8 +Branchnymph to babysit my branchwraith

Special
Wardancers x8 - BSB goes with them
Wild Riders x6 Standard+music

Rare
Waywatchers x8
Treeman

#4 ·
I like it, it's similar to the list i used in a tourny and it did rather well. I used a TMA and didn't have a BSB tho.

A few comments:

I'd pref to go with the Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins and the glamourweave on the Alter Highborn. The HoDa and HotH belong on a alter noble. Gives about the same punch but at a much lower cost.

4 shooting units is quite a bit, and with only 3 combat units on the table you will find yourself in a tough situation if something bad happens to one of them. I'd swich out an archer unit for another Dryad/wardancer unit.

#5 · (Edited)
I second talismanic tattoos.

My own thoughts:
I'd consider moving the warbanner from the Standard Bearer to the Wild Riders. Rather than giving one unit combat resolution, think of the wild riders as mobile combat res you can put anywhere. After that, I'd take a standard alter and a Bow of Loren alter. Put the netlings on your Wraith I'd say. Of course, if you keep the nymph in the Dryad unit, you can use the unit to challenge chump things and then flank them for combat resolution (yet another benefit for taking a wild rider unit with the warbanner). I read a battle report recently where this was how they dealt with a blood thirster.

Alternatively, you can keep the noble a standard bearer and use the Asyendi's bane+HoDA trick; but IMO you don't have enough stubbborn to make a difference, and with your general being ld8, when you find yourself testing on a 5-6, you won't being staying, even with re-rolls. You need to win combat; so I'd take options to make that more likely, rather than trying to stay in a combat you've lost.

Just a preferencial note:
I'd swap the glade riders for warhawks. Warhawks can get more places to do more blocking/warmachine eating, can assassinate certain mages, and have more wounds for the same points. Your ranged damage output on either the Glade Riders or Warhawks is going to be severely negligible, so I'd base it on survivability and utility. Warhawks>Glade Riders IMHO.

After that I'd say the list looks like a keeper! Fast and shooty! and if you drop a Glade Guard for a Dryad you can pick up some more waywatchers and some combat options. If you combine that with your BoL and you've got a ranged can opener.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.