Librarium Online Forums banner

Building a Hive Tyrant

458 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ttuzun 
#1 ·
Hi I've been thrown a Hive Tyrant body to deck out and make pretty. But not having the codex is going to make this a little hard. I've been through a couple of articles and tacticas on here (http://www.librarium-online.com/for...iomorph-tactica-how-engineer-your-tyrant.html) But I'm still not sure what exactly I can take =P However points isn't seeming like the biggest problem at this point ;)

And most importantly I currently have no idea if I'd accidentally do something illegal

My starting point is two pairs of Scything Talons and Wings. So this beastie is going to be CC
So acid maw, flesh hooks or feeder tendrils and an adrenal gland.
Scythed tail, Enhanced reflexes (senses?), Toxic miasma and toxin sacks. And a bonded exoskeleton.
I should have Warp field on there too right.

So any advice on what I'm doing wrong by codex limitations (I don't really care how 'point efficient' it is) or other stuff I could throw onto the model~! And or a list of bits I'd need would be amazingly helpful! If people or even just one could spare the time :)

Sorry for being so un-knowledgeable and thanks!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Uhm, the feeder, scythed tail and bonded exo are no options for the HT.

For the Flying CC one?
(How I like to field them, don't shoot me if I make a mistake don't have to codex here and ususally just play shooty flyrants)

ST x2
Wings
Toxic Miasma
Toxin Sacs
Adrenalin Glands (both versions)
Warp Field
sometimes Implant Attack (depends on my mood, but with cc tyrants usually yes)
sometimes flash hooks (if I have points to spare)

I think that's it, though not sure don't have any warhammer lists here I think (maybe somewhere far back in the army list section:p)

hope thise helps a bit

#3 ·
Reading the reference tactica above, I wonder about the bonesword/whip verses the extra attack of the scything talons.

Take Miasma (Opponent -1 WS), A Gland (+1 WS), and sword/whip (-1 attack), this mean now WS4 marines are join to need 5s to hit, and have 1 less attack each.

I like these two options for CC tyrants:

192 points
AGlands (+1 WS)
Flesh Hooks
Implant Attack
Toxin Sacs
Winged
Scythes x2
Warp Field

swap 1 pair of scythes for sword/whip = 199

I would need to test this one several times to see which I would like.

#5 ·
The Toxic Miasma could be really nice modeling.

Marines would still hit on 4's but would have an attack back. Personally I wouldn't bother with the sword&whip. I'd rather kill my opponent. I'm not afraid my HT will die because of tons of tiny people. It'll happen, but only on ocasion, for that I have the miasma since it's a fail save against ws 3 and lower and vs the more upcomming ws 6.

I'm also a favorite of the +1 initiative next to the WS & miasma. It helps to kill you opponents nice chars before the get to kill you:p

#4 ·
Hehe I found a 'codex' drifting on the net must have been old/dodgy or something ;)
Wow and thanks for all you input guys and the quick time!!

Okay so looks like we are going with this build

192 points
AGlands
Flesh Hooks
Implant Attack
Toxin Sacs
Winged
Scythes x2
Warp Field

Is there anything else (I know lol) flashy and paintable I could also throw on? They aren't too concerned with points & the group he plays with is always happy to ignore upgrades if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.