Librarium Online Forums banner

Converting Stormraven gunships

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mika 
#1 ·
okay so I'v decided I would like to have about 2 of these things up and running for games but have no idea on how I would convert them. I don't have alot of experience with scratch building but have no problem combining models together to create something new.

I was thinking about using a Imperial Guard Valkyrie Using the Wings/Engines/Cockpit etc.. and putting it all ontop of a Rhino body just remove the Treads and use the core of the Rhino as the base and apply the Valkyrie bits around it.

I'm a little concerned about size proportion though having never seen a valkyrie built I don't know if the parts would match up appropriately or if it would even look like it could pack a dreadnought for that matter.

Any Ideas anyone?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure about the Rhino part, might work, but I assume you would need to use some other parts or plasticard to make it work. Look around the net - there has been a lot of conversions done already. Some people say that the actual model will come out this fall, if the Grey Knights will really come out this year.

#5 ·
I'm using 2 valkyries as is -with chains added to the tail to suspend the dready from til i get a look at the gw official model whenever they decide to release one.

if it's crud i'll probs keep using the valks as is because they look awsome and from the description are roughly the same device -just sm clamp a dread to the back of thiers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.