Librarium Online Forums banner

My prototype of 1500points of DH

<2000 
428 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  xTrailBlazer 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys, decided i need a new style of playing instead of Deathwing, and decided to go with close combat oriented DH.

for 1500points, i have this so far.

Grey Knight Hero - Icon of the Just, frag grenades.
w/ retinue of 4x Grey Knight Terminators and Brother-Captain. One Terminator with Psycannon. - 441points

Grey Knights 4x with Justicar. 2 Knights with Psycannons, and Justicar with Melta bombs. - 205points

Grey Knights 4x with Justicar. 2 Knights with Psycannons, and Justicar with Melta bombs. - 205points

Grey Knights Purgation Squad 4x with Justicar. all four Grey Knights are armed with Psycannons. - 270points

Inquisitor with Power Armour, Boltgun, Targeter, accompanied by three Gun Servitors, one with Plasma Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 Sage, 2 Acolytes with power armour.

This adds up to 1500 points. Please leave any feedback and comments. I know it doesn't have vehicles in it, but i was trying to pursue a army of DH entirely on foot, and using all terrain possible.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well as far as I can see it seems well set out. That said some choices could be better made.

1. Your GK Hero must be a brother captain or grandmaster (helpful if you list that because they differ slightly). Most people recommend taking a brother captain and 2 extra GKTermies as you get higher wound allocation etc. for the same amount of points.

2. Justicar with melta bombs o_O...SAY WHUT?!...if thats allowed why didn't I realise....Although if you really want to go this way you would be better off sticking them on terminators as they can teleport in right on rear armor.

3. Your PAGK's could stand to lose the psycannons and replace them with extra men bringing the squads to 7 inc. justicar, more man power = more fun :p

4. Your inquisitor could have a better setup but I have no idea about almost anything soo your better off lurking around looking for inquisitor setups.

5. Last but definitely not least as with any pure GK's list there is a lack of anti-tank from what i've read you have a few options.

Numero Uno - Land Raiders, these are really good anti armor choices as they are basically a massive boulder that moves.....with lascannons on both sides. Basically High Armor + High Firepower = BOOM
Numero Duo - I've seen alot of people suggest taking small squads of Inq. stormtroopers with anti armor accessories and transports. Get em in quick and blow stuff up. The squads are generally small so you can have a few of them but you gotta cut back on PAGK's as troops if you choose this option.
Numero Tre - One of my personal favourites the antitanknought, the massive robot for all your anti armor needs. Dreadnoughts with TLLC's can really hurt enemy armor.
Numero Quattro - If what you have is correct, and I don't see why not, you could have as I mentioned before Termies with the BC armed with melta bombs so they can tele in on rear or side armor and take out anything you feel is gonna blow you up.

I am really just new to the game myself so don't take my word for it. This advice is mostly what I have read as replies to other threads (my own included). Wow I just realised I wrote this whole post and I missed your no vehicles preference. I am really unsure about footslog armies that is something for another member to answer. But you may choose to disregard the whole anti-tank part if you wish, but I know it helped me alot on building my list. The rest of the points actually seem to fit though, lucky for me I didn't have to re-write this whole post. Almost forgot, with all these new rumours floating around for the new daemonhunters codex early next year I wouldn't set anything in stone. Besides its always good to experiment

note. Sorry about the lengthy post but O: YOU LIVE IN QLD TOOO and in brissy at that. Are you aware of any tournaments or get togethers anything like that which happens in the city??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.