Librarium Online Forums banner

1500/2000 point Draigowing

<3000 
1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Zagman 
#1 ·
These are my 1500 and 2000pt draigowing list that I like to run. I've had some good luck with them so far, (including tabling an opponent). Just wanted some helpful critiques. Thanks for reading!

Draigo @ ###

Librarian @ 205
Warding Stave, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, Shrouding, Quicksilver.

Vindicare

5 Paladins @ 320
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Daemon Hammer
Halberd
Halberd

5 Paladins @ 320
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Daemon Hammer
Halberd
Halberd

Dreadknight @ 235
Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator.

2000pt

Draigo @ ###

Librarian @ 205
Warding Stave, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, Shrouding, Quicksilver.

5 Paladins @ 345
MC Psycannon, Halberd
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Daemon Hammer
Brotherhood Banner
Halberd

5 Paladins @ 340
MC Psycannon, Halberd
MC Psycannon, Sword
MC Daemon Hammer
Warding Stave
Halberd

10 Interceptors @ 315
2 Psycannons, Justicar w/MC Daemon Hammer, Psybolt ammo.

Dreadknight @ 260
Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator Greatsword.

Dreadknight @ 260
Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator Greatsword.

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting DriagoWing armies. I have been running DriagoWing with much success.

The only problems with your lists is an overspending on single models in an already extremely low model count army and not utilizing fully unique paladin squads. Having Driago, a Librarian, and the Vindicare at 1500 seems a bit much for me. You could drop the Librarian and vindicare and end up with another 5 man paladin squad with two Psycannons with points to spare.

You have doubles on wargear for your paladins which reduces your survivability against mixed fire. Try and make them fully unique. Also, your point totals are wrong on your paladins. I wouldn't run a Brotherhood banner for them due to the loss of FW attacks. I prefer two sets of falchions per 5 paladins to give me a couple of extra attacks for the occasional sustained combats. The warding stave has its uses, but again is alot of points on an already expensive low model count unit. Basically costs half a paladin.

Your equip your dread knights in the same way I do. My guess is that they have done quite well for you.

For reference at 2k I have Driago, 15 paladins, 3 PT Dreadknights.

#3 ·
Oh my yes my point values are off oops... I'll have to give my opponents all rematchs =P

Here is a retry at 1500 with your input.
Draigo

5 Paladins @ 330
MC Psycannon, Halberd
MC Psycannon, Deamon Hammer
Deamon Hammer,
Falchions
Halberd

5 Paladins @ 330
MC Psycannon, Halberd
MC Psycannon, Deamon Hammer
Sword,
Falchions
Halberd

5 Paladins @ 330
MC Psycannon, Halberd
MC Psycannon, Sword
Deamon Hammer,
Falchions
Halberd

Dreadknight @ 235
PT, Heavy Incinerator

I like to keep at least one sword in there just becuase of the increased Invul.

At 2000 I'd Probably add

Dreadknight @ 260
PT Great Sword, Heavy Incinerator

Librarian @ 205
Same as above ( I like him, he saves Pallies =P)

+ Greatsword on Dreadknight @ 25
+ 10 points of something =P Falchions or maybe some more MC stuff

Thanks again for catching my messed up points. Luckily they've all been friendly games so no major harm done. Just some apologizing and admitting that I accidentally cheated =P

#4 ·
That looks better. At 2k you can get away with having the librarian, but at 1.5k, it was just to many points. Your list is pretty close to mine, we basically trade a librarian for a dreadknight.

My librarian makes it into my 2.5k list with another 5 man paladin squad. 25 models 2500pts...

My 5 man paladin set up looks like this
Psycannon Daemon Hammer
Psycannon Falchions
Falchions
Sword
Halberd
325pts.

#5 ·
I would probably add more falchions but I love my MC Psycannons, I once missed with every initial shot from both of them (it was sad) then got one reroll from each both proceeded to hit then penetrate a razorback then explode it, it was a fine moment. Actually in that game I did nothing but explode tanks... It was kinda awesome.

#6 ·
The falchions have been very useful for any sustained assault or when I have been charged. The extra attack is beneficial. Hell, may even be an extra two attacks when they FAQ it(though I doubt and hope they do not).

#7 ·
Yea they are I recently did a fight with the remade 1500pt army against some blood angels and the falchions helped a bunch. Draigo however is what has constantly kept me winning. He is a beast.

#8 ·
Driago is a tank. But, his real strength is in keeping Paladins alive. His ability to bounce ID shots off of his storm shield is extremely worthwhile since an enemy unit must generate more than one ID shot per firing to threaten any paladins. Any army that doesn't have S8+AP2- large blast(proper spacing means hits with small blasts only hit one model) weapons is at a severe disadvantage and will be unlikely to effectively deal with paladins.

Driago's only main weakness is getting locked in combat with walkers, though I've had Driago tear up a GK venerable dreadnought.

#9 ·
Yea that's pretty much what I use him for, but he does do some fair damage, Had a match up with a guard player and I managed to beat him and it was pretty much all due to Draigo and his tankiness.At 1500pts I lost 6 paladins and the dreadknight took out PCS 40man Blob with commissar, Melta vets, Leman Russ Executioner, Manticore, 2 Chimeras, one vendetta and marbo. He was left with a single immobilized vendetta at the end of the game. I love the Draigowing :victory:

#10 ·
Glad to hear that your DriagoWing has faired well against IG. Honestly, they are the only army that scares them and I haven't been able to get in a game against them yet.

DriagoWing = Badassery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.