Librarium Online Forums banner

New sisters rumors.

691 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Fizzics 
#1 ·
JvK posted the list of units/stats from BOLS in the rumor's section.

I want to know what you guys think, because personally, I hate it and feel like Sisters are ruined. Completely and utterly ruined.

If those stats are true, I'm officially done 40k and will be selling my Sisters.

#3 ·
I really wish I had the time to fully tear apart the disgrace that is the new codex, but I don't so I'll try and summarize.

For starters, their stats are all lessened for the most part implying that their points costs are dropping, but the change to faith doesn't support more units because you get a single d6 points per turn. The more units you have on the field, the more starved for faith and instead are stuck with IG in power armor that lack any form of artillery. If their points stay the same, then you're looking at over priced IG without any support. An army wide 6+ anything is worthless in it's own right considering this is coming down from a possible 3+

That alone spells doom. Look at the crappy faith powers, the lack of durability, the neutering of the cannoness, the worthlessness of seras (now with I3 and standard HnR), and the fact that the buffed rets have to compete with Exos and you have a steaming pile of garbage.

#4 ·
Yes, the overpriced IG that only have better armor, better accuracy, better gun(s), invul save and cheaper (albiet worse) transport than comparably priced IG Veterans in Troops, with the likely-to-remain awesome Exorcist in Heavy Support, the squishier-but-more-potent-shooting Seraphim and Scouting Meltas/Heavy Flamers in Fast Attack (with probable Dedicated Transport options), Elite unit(s) that actually might be worth taking, and a Canoness whose job may no longer be to die gloriously holding up a CC unit for 2 turns or perhaps killing a tank, and may therefore spend time actually leading her troops. Not to mention special rules that may make an appearance who we don't even know about yet.

Totally like IG.

(This will, for the record, be my only post in this thread due to not wanting to spread one discussion over two threads)

#5 ·
Just saw the leaked list posted by JvK (thanks for scrounging that up buddy!). If this turns out to be true, I have no idea what I'm going to do... We went from a average/poor army with a single competitive build (competitive, not Ard boyz level) to next to nothing.

At first I thought that a new WD codex would be a good thing, promoting the army, etc. But this looks like they're trying to kill it off rather than bring it back to life.

#6 ·
This is their new way of sending things the way of squats. They don't want to out right remove an army, but if no one plays them, it has the same effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.