Librarium Online Forums banner

greater daemons

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Son of Bretonnia 
#1 ·
Does anyone use them? My friend said that they should be used whenever possible, but i find them to be over-priced and not worth it anymore. They can easily take up the 25% of our army and can die in 1 round of combat if you lose and roll badly for the leadership test. I will sometimes use Kairos if i am playing a big game against a competative player, but other than that, i don't find them worth it. Do you use greater daemons, which ones do you prefer and how effective do you find them.

#2 ·
I generally use a pimped out GUO, depending on the tools, they can do anything at all that you need to do. other than that, my second favourite is a keeper of secrets with spirit swallower

I rarely use Bloodthirster, basically, my armies typically pack enough punch without the Bloodthirster, only used it when i cant squeeze a better greater daemon in

I have never used a Lord of Change... just dont seem worth it with kairos there

as for skarbrand and... the other one (name escapes me) they aren't worth their points

#4 ·
I have had glorious success using a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch. It's still a dangerous monster in close combat, packs a 4+ ward save, and has really good magic. Even just with the Lore of Tzeentch, I've flown him next to a unit and Gleened a Purple Sun into his whole army.

#5 ·
When I play Mono Khorne which I do on a very regular Basis, I always Bring the BloodThirster.

Actually I Bring the BloodThirster every game.....He is a Near unstoppale Juggernaut on the battlefiend, and he is very good at Board Control. When I play Deamons I always focus the two sides of the Board with Deathstars...everything after that is mid grade units and techy units. One Side of the Board has the BloodThirster...the other side has 10-12 Flamers. Also the Best Part of the BloodThirster is that you can field him at 200 points....most of the other Armies big toys do not come out till above 2000 points.

I do Not Field any of the other greater Deamons. Sometimes I bring Kairos FateWeaver at higher points because he is a BOSS.

#6 ·
Fluffwise (and modelwise) I love the bloodthirster...... But on the battefield I use the keeper of secrets with spirit swallower.
For 550 pts he is nasty. Played against warriors of chaos and the keeper ended the game with no wounds. Killed two full blocks of warriors.... wich were his biggest hammer units.

Don't know how he would be against a lot of magic offence/shooting. But he is quick enough to get into combat very fast and ''heal'' himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.