Librarium Online Forums banner

When Too Use Iron Fist For Armour, Or Attack

611 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Namkcor 
#1 ·
well, ill be playing choas and HE, for example, im playing agianst choas, and he has str.5 with halberds, thats a 6+ save if i use the iron fist for shield, soo i should go with the extra attcack, couse 6+ isnt saving much anyways.........right??? But, against HE, i use the 4+ save because streanth 3 doesnt even reduse it, so my ogres will be even more reslient the the low streanth elves....right??????????

are my thoughts strait or am i crazy?

tnks in advance

#2 ·
Sounds like you have the gist of it. To be honest though,to get the full benefits of ironfist you need light armour,and then your bulls are 43 points,very expensive. I dont even give my small 3 man units of bulls anything to keep their cost down,the impact hits and ogre club special rules alone coupled with the cheapness of a naked bull makes for a very effective unit. Of course for bigger squads i'd go with ironfists or add. HW's. I guess i just feel w/o the light armour,a 5+ save isnt that good compared to +1 attack,and with the light armour their so expensive. Still,you have the right idea,it generally isnt a good idea to use the save unless its a 4+,5+ if your feeling lucky.

#3 ·
How I also see it is that I like to take the additional hand weapon option against enemy models with low armour saves (5 or 6+). The shield option is useful vs something s4 or 5 if you have light armour as well, but with s6 or greater, keep taking the additional attack option to maximise your own wounds back.

#4 ·
Remeber having te iron is an extra attack but models they fight against dont get the -2 to armor save (-1 for their str, -1 for orge club rules), just the normal -1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.