Librarium Online Forums banner

Ultwe

619 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Emerziel 
#1 ·
I am trading some Fantasy figures and an IW army for the following Ulthwe army .. I have never played Elder. Only IW, Nurgle, Orcs and Necrons. Only my IW and Necrons are still with me. Any suggestions on how I would put this list together and tactics ? As it stands, it is quite large and I would like to field a 1000, 1500 and A 2000 point list . I just bought the Elder codex and a Craftworld codex is being sent with the army ...

Ultwe Seer Counsel

Jain Zar and Karandass "The Shadow Hunter"

6 Eldar Rangers

4 Striking Scorpions and an Exarch

5 Wraithguard

6 Howling Banshees and their Exarch

10 Warp Spiders

8 Eldar Jet bikes

20 Black Guardians

20 Standard Guardians
+ Two Metal Veteran Guardians and a Standard Guardian

4 Dark Reapers and their Exarch

10 Fire Dragons

3 Vibro Cannons with stands - used stand ins for
D-Cannons
Two Weapons Platforms with additional weapons to switch out
(2 Scatter Lasers, Bright Lance, and Starcannon)
Gunners for above

Falcon Grav Tank equipped with twin linked Shuriken Catapults,
a Pulse Laser and a Bright Lance

Viper Jet bike

Wraithlord with Eldar Missile Launch

Warwalker with Scatter Laser and Bright Lance

As you can see it is quite a full list - I just want to know what to paint first and field. Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats a preety good list. How much did you pay for all of this? Whew!

As for the list looks preety good. For a 500 point force Seer Council (you have to have 1) with various assorted nastiness, and 2 units of black defender guadians. Possibly with heavy weapons mount (starcannon, or bright lance). Black stormies are good, but BS 4 Gaurdians are pretty awesome.

Also, if you want something different try Ulthwe strike force. Interesting as you get few swanky new things, and get to use the webway in battle.

Cheers!

#3 ·
A lot of figures,but a bit too much variety to be honest. 1 warwalker wont do much,neither will a single wraithlord. I'd suggest consolidating your force into something more sleek and compact,with multiple units of the same type,as it is right now you COULD make a 1.5k list but i dont think it would be too good compared to necrons or IW

#4 ·
I disagree, 1 wraithlord is a heavy choice, you have the falcon, and the reapers for the other 2.. for a generic Eldar list. As for Ulthwe, i would paint the guardians, then the seer council, then dark reapers. i started by army with 40 guardians, and am i glad i painted them all in 1 go. (Y)

#5 ·
first thing: narrow down your list. chose which ones you want to feild. try to keep an even force, but also keep a basic strategy in mind. having lots of choices doesnt do muh if they get ripped up trying to do different things.

#6 ·
you have an awesome deal :)

(assuming you didn't really give tooo too much taht is.. heheeh.)

but army size wise, its large enough to play lots of battles, not totally inbalance.

wraithlord, falcon, dark reapers awesome, will do you good.

dont feild the pheonix lords, IMO seercouncil is alrady going to take a chunk of points, and i'd rather punch in avatar with them :)

kinda depends on what enemy you are facing heh, and also would have to boost up those howling banshees and scorpions, as they are pretty minimium, and would die pretty fast.

howling = vs power armour
scorpions = vs mass horde armies.

warp spider, can jump in shoot, and run out, good vs rear attacking light vehicles, and also very very good vs horde aka ORKS haha

guardians i'd field all of them heh.

as for perfect lists and such, i'll come back after school and help you a bit.

sorry this all has been writen up less than 5 mins heh, but has SOME information..

#7 ·
Not a bad list altough you dont need the phoenix lords and warwalker if you ask me.

Try to start with the guardians. You have enough of them to make like 4/5 small squadrons of 8 a piece and throwing a weapon platform in it. So if you are gonna purchase anything new get more platforms. Dont use the support weapons they aint that good anymore.

Next to your guardians you should paint the seer council to have a basic force.

1 WL is fine enough you dont need 3 to win you dont have to play cheese to win I field 2 WL's in a 1500 pts game and that is jus the limit of using my second one. I dont liek to field imbalanced lists myself and you will notice iits alot more fun playing with balanced lists then powergaming ones.

Sadly enough your experience as a necron and iron warrior player wont do you that much good. You dont have those 3+ saves anymore (well not everythign has 3+) and you cant rely that they hold there ground in the open. You are gonna need to think alot different and adjust your playstyle. In the end it shouldn't be hard to play with Ulthwe as I discovered that Eldar is one of the easiest armies to play with. Are there any eldar players you know off? If so try to trade the warwalker phoenix lords and the vibro cannon/shadow weaver with them for something else. There are ppl wo would like to have them and in return you should ask support weapon platforms additional warlocks farseers another WL (just 1) for larger point games and extra scorps or banshees a 5 man squad aint much I ussaly field squads around 8 or-9.

#8 ·
Yep. I'm out of my usual element. I'm used to teleporting around the table and openng up with the Necs ( rarely use C'Tans or Wraiths ) and really IW are just a different version of the shooty army. I let 'em bombard the crap out of the opposition and hope to mop the remnants with Tac squads and Oblits.
It seems he also has some Harlequins he can throw in - in particular three Solitaires and two Death Jesters. What do you think of allying them - not fluffy enough? I sure like the Solitaires H2H abilities. Sending them in alongside Banshees seems like major damage. Alternatively, I could just keep em for certain scenarios and paly a Harlequin force I guess.

Someone asked how I got such a good deal - well my IW is not cheap. I have Land Raider, Basilisk, Defiler, Vindicator, Dreadnaught, five Oblits, Rhino, Havoc squad, two tac squads, Raptors and Chosen. Enough to customize a very solid force. I would have just sold them if I had a good offer but I figured the trade was the best offer.

I'll keep my Necs for now until I find an army that they cannot play with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.