Librarium Online Forums banner

increased CC options for suits

699 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  The Celestial 
#1 ·
What if we gave crisis suits increased CC. They are in bulkier machines that can carry more weaponry like flechettes. Sometimes i am forced into CC when my broadsides get swamped. Having something like flechettes might make some sense. Broadsides are one of the slowest Tau units and a good comander might realize in a sticky situation they will probably get swamped. Giving them something like a one time use flechette will increase their chances. Kind of like the photon grenades, but because its a suit maybe something bigger.

#5 · (Edited)
Hmm, when do my suit's get into combat? I think last time was...must have been more than 15 games ago. I can't remember. Oh wait that's right. A crisis and 6 stealths assaulted a lone chaos marine a few games ago (they killed him too). My suits no longer get assaulted, you just avoid it.

#6 ·
I find that when a blood angels army keeps drop podding right next to your xv88's its kinda hard to avoid combat. I agree that you can usually avoid combat but sometimes it's unavoidable. Escpecially when your oppenents keep deep striking termies and drop poding large tactical squad right next to your suits. I hate marines when I'm not playing them. It's not every battle that suits get into combat, but it does happen. I'm agreeing that the upgrade it pointless but suits do get into combat. Not nearly enough for it to be worth any points.

#8 ·
Damnit I just got my stealths and crisis into combat last game. Admittedly it was the first time in a while I hadn't played mech tau, so I was a little rusty. But the thing was, they all died before they could attack. I was assaulted by banshees while in cover. I was stuck and spent 2 turns trying to run out of the corner I was in, but they were too fast. Any combat benefit I would have purchsed would have meant less models for one, but it would have been useless due to the fact I didn't get to attack.

#9 ·
stealths do quite well in combat IMO. 3 attacks on the charge 6 stealths shas'vre 18 attacks . hitting on 3s killing most things on 4. pretty good. But Crisis in combat i find really annoying. A raven guard master thingie charged me with assualt squad and killed me in one turn. Stealths in combat is good crisis is not.

#10 ·
So, we're talking about some kinda one use charge on the legs? They get assaulted, use the upgrades, and all enemy models within x inches take a Str X attack?

Yes, that makes sense from a Tau perspective, making up for a species specific weakness with technology. It is ideologically identical to photon grenades.

I would also buy them, depending how much they cost, and how powerful the attack was. My boradsides get assaulted for the simple reason that the enemy makes a priority of assaulting them, plus the fact they are essentially immobile.

#11 ·
ReaverRider said:
stealths do quite well in combat IMO. 3 attacks on the charge 6 stealths shas'vre 18 attacks . hitting on 3s killing most things on 4. pretty good. But Crisis in combat i find really annoying. A raven guard master thingie charged me with assualt squad and killed me in one turn. Stealths in combat is good crisis is not.
While your point is true, it doesn't help when you're attacked first (which is most of the time) and hitting on 4's or 5's (3's? who has WS1?). Stealths are bad at combat, crisis are much worse.

#13 ·
I think I'd pay for the smoke grenade-NINJA ESCAPE upgrade for my suits....well, if it existed beyond the bonds of my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.