Librarium Online Forums banner

dark eldar and choas?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  karantalsis 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had an idea. It mainly was because I saw some beserkers in action at my local store.

Should I join my D eldar with choas marines. It will give them some strength and they will still be able to speed their way around the battle field. And do you think that beserkers would go well with wyches??

Feel free to ask me what I was smoking when I thought of that, but relax I don't smoke... :D ...or do I........??

seriously though, would it be any good? I am asking your oppinion as another dark eldar player, even if I have lost my codex and won't buy a new on e as it will turn up soon so I have never actually used them.

edit: on a side note, can I use a special character (using exactly the same rules) like Mr. Vect in my army as my comander (just changing the fluff, he would still be EXACTLY the same as Vect, the only difference is that I change the fluff, which I wouldn't have to tell my opponent)

#2 ·
On the vect thing first before I get annoyed. Yeah thats fine you can use any special character you want and call him whatever you like as long as you keep to the ruleset.

Now PLEASE never suggest Dark Eldar ally with chaos again. Would you suggest the imperium ally with chaos? No! And dark eldar HATE chaos far more than the imperium. Slaanesh is a big factor in chaos and Dark Eldar are terrified of and hate She Who Thirsts. All of Chaos is enemy to all Eldar and Dark Eldar are still Eldar, or, more acurately True Eldar having kept their practices from before the Fall intact. No to chaos and De. Grrr.

#3 ·
.....unless you read Crimson Tears in which a Dark Eldar Lord declares himself a servant of She Who Thirsts and attempts to scrifice a world in Her name. The Eldar Lord teams up with what he thinks are Chaos Marines and is happy to let them do some grunt work.

#4 ·
Well, ruleswise.. since you're already playing with a powerful army and want to combine it with another powerful army, I probably wouldn't feel like playing you with such a combination.

There's a reason why the rules don't allow it.

Fluffwise it's remotely possible, but no more so than combining Imperial Guard and chaos.

They were going to release crone worlds eldar, but they plumped for Ulthwe instead.. Man, GW never runs with the cool ideas.

#5 ·
but the dark eldar worship khorne (as far as I know anyway) so it would be perfectly feasable for them to team up with khorne beserkers or marines etc. Of course, I would never use things that go too far over the lmit like daemons or a bleedin' bloodthirster.

I also would make up some fluff about why they have joined forces with these chaos marines (or I may even decide to make them the pawns of these marines). But if you think that it would be too unfluff like I MAY decide not to do it.

#7 ·
While I don't have time to read any of the novels, which you seem to say are wrong anyway, it would seem to me from what I have read that the Craftworld Eldar are deathly afraid of Slaanesh, whom they brought into existence anyway, but the Dark Eldar are basically worship away from being a Slaaneshi cult. They have a real thing for pleasure and pain. Strangely reminiscent of the Dark Elves of WHFB who ARE a Slaaneshi cult. Hmm....

#8 ·
All these stories are beside the point.......in the rules (rulebook,codex dark eldar, codex chaos) does it say anywhere that dark eldar and chaos can join....ummmmm..... NO it would be like the WH,DH codex if they could so i believe you cannot combine them and also you cannot change rules for sp. characters.

Thats all i have to say.

grandmaster nick

#9 ·
Meh, anything is legal with house rules. You want to try something different, and can convince me why it makes sense, I'd let you try it. Doesn't mean it would fly in a tournament by any means but I play to have fun, not to prep for tourneys.

#10 ·
helotaxi said:
While I don't have time to read any of the novels, which you seem to say are wrong anyway, it would seem to me from what I have read that the Craftworld Eldar are deathly afraid of Slaanesh, whom they brought into existence anyway, but the Dark Eldar are basically worship away from being a Slaaneshi cult. They have a real thing for pleasure and pain. Strangely reminiscent of the Dark Elves of WHFB who ARE a Slaaneshi cult. Hmm....
Not saying all the novels are wrong by any means just taht that novel doesn't fit with the rest of the DE fluff, when I have time I will dig up all the old thread where this has been discussed ad infinitum and post links, once you've read through them you'll probably have a solid idea of where I am basing my view I can't be bothered retyping everything as its already ont his forum many times.

#14 ·
helotaxi said:
And humble, too. My aren't you the total package! I bet you have to beat them off with a stick.
Dude just to repeat what sir tehobold said, tahts a bit uneccessary, especially as I would read his comment as just a little laced with sarcasm. Lets all get along.

Group hug.

Ok now I'm getting close to pointless spamming better make this more relevant, does anyone still want me to dig up the old threads, I haven't had a chance yet, been busy and if no ones gonna read em I can't be bothered.

#15 ·
Good thing this issue got solved. I didn't come back to see Chaos polluting the Dark Eldar forum. :p

My greetings to all new Archons, Archites and perhaps even Sect Lords (from E-O, perhaps? lol).

Karantalsis -- how are you doing old mate? Glad to see you keeping this in order.

Infrazael Draennonssraav,

Aspiring Incubus Grand Master

#16 ·
Hey infrazael not seen you around recently. I went offline myself for a month or two and came back to find all these new ark eldar with no one to bully, erm I mean guide, yeah thats right guide them. I'm going to take a look at that FAQ again soon, reformat it and repost it in a more readable format, any more contributions for it?

Yep no chaos here. *looks around warily* slaanesh scares me, I best go eat some souls to calm down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.