Librarium Online Forums banner

750 pt Khornate army list

408 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  whiteshields1830 
#1 · (Edited)
HQ
Bloodthirster - 205pt
Chaos lord w/mark of khorne, berserker glaive, feel no pain, daemonic stature, resilience - 135

Troops

8 Khornr berserkers + 1 free upgrade to asp champ
all have khornate chainaxes,
Champ has talisman of burning blood - 258 pts

8 Blood letters - 156pts

TOTAL 750 Pts

Now before you say anything about the bloodthirster i want to try it out in small games, although i know its a bit cheesy. Im one point over, i know that, but my opponent i will be going against allows this. The whole idea of this list to have 'all your eggs in one basket. The Lord and berserkers will ride out in the rhino, launch a fast assault deploy smoke launchers and pray that they survive the first round of heavy shooting. bolters cant harm it by the AV 12 armour, but im hoping any lascannons/plasma dont do too much damage.

Anyways its up for review,,,,,so inform me of any changes

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want to use the thirster in a 750-army, go ahead- I will not comment that.

But a couple of thigs that are wrong in your list first.
The Lord- if you have one expensive HQ you might not want another. Besides he cannot go in the Rhino as he cannot join a unit. The glaive does that to him.
For the unit- 8 is the sacred number for Khorne, not 9 or ten.
You don't want to put them in a rhino- chanses are they'll just jump out due to bloodrage and leave that vehicle standing there. They will not be able to summon the daemons either if they are locked up inside it. (you underpaied it too, it's 83 points)

I'd say drop the rhino and the Lord, get another unit of Berzerkers and give the champs powerfists and Talisman of Burning Blood.
EDIT: give one of the champs Powerfist and the other Daemonic chains- You will want sonme control over the summoning of that Thirster.

#3 ·
whiteshields1830 said:
Now before you say anything about the bloodthirster i want to try it out in small games, although i know its a bit cheesy. Im one point over, i know that, but my opponent i will be going against allows this.
Probably a good thing you pointed that out, but point taken.

whiteshields1830 said:
The Lord and berserkers will ride out in the rhino, launch a fast assault deploy smoke launchers and pray that they survive the first round of heavy shooting.
No, no they won't. The Lord cannot join the Beserkers, nor ride in the Rhino. Also, it seems your troops are off on the Favoured Number, so you'll need to drop a marine or two. That'll free up some points to boost your Lord if you plan on keeping him with the Glaive.

Get some Extra Armour for the Rhino. Or just drop it, and buy a Talisman of Burning Blood. A bit more reliable, and much cheaper.

About the Lord - he needs some more survivability. You have two options - either Stature, or Terminator armour. With Terminator Armour, you can Deep Strike him near the unit you want to assault. At best, this is a turn three charge, but it averages to about turn four.

Stature gives you resistance to Strength 8 and 9 weapons, allowing you to take your Invuln save and Feel no Pain save against them, shrugging off all but a quarter of them. Four Lascannons will on average deal one wound to the Lord a round.

#4 ·
Currently i cant get another unit of berserkers,,,,,,,,so here are the changes

Changed the list: removed the rhino (seems to be unpopular), added stature to the lord - now it makes him a daemon prince, added talisman of burning blood to the asp champ.

Now im 50 pts short, what should i use it on.....any suggestions

#6 ·
Andusciassus said:
You have 52 points left and that's just enough for 2 Bloodletters- this would make the unit favoured.
Done.....

Andusciassus said:
I insist though on you having to much locked up in your HQ's- there is so much that could go wrong.
Im thinking of making a tough and damn hard to kill daemon prince. That way, when my berserkers start running towards the enemy (as they do), most of the hardcore shots (like las cannon, plasma,etc) will be placed on the lord. Hes pretty difficult to kill - - T6, 3+ armour save, 4+ inv. and a 4+ feel no pain. So im hoping to make him hold out.

Plus, i was thinking of daemonic speed or flight to make it into combat asap. This is because he will be walkin the whole way to the opposite table edge - - - 145 pts wasted until turn 3/4 (he only gets 1d6 for blood rage).

Cant do much about the bloodthirster

#7 ·
whiteshields1830 said:
Plus, i was thinking of daemonic speed or flight to make it into combat asap. This is because he will be walkin the whole way to the opposite table edge - - - 145 pts wasted until turn 3/4 (he only gets 1d6 for blood rage).
The Daemon Prince cannot take Flight or Speed in conjunction with the Beserker's Glaive. You'll either need to make due with slogging it across the board, or dropping the Glaive in favor of something along the lines of an Axe of Khorne.

Another option is to drop Stature and give him Terminator armour, and Deep Strike him.

#8 · (Edited)
Oh, wait,,,,,i just read that berserker glaive automatically give him blood rage....thats means he'll be getting there the same time as the berserkers :tongue:

Also does the blood thirster and bloodletters(hopfully appearing in turn 2) get its points back in a 750pt game...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.