Librarium Online Forums banner

Worst Dice Rolls

2K views 49 replies 40 participants last post by  BloodDragon666 
#1 ·
What is the worst dice roll you have been witness to?

Yesterday in the local store my friend had to make 6, 2+ saves...he rolled 6 1's...I was on the floor laughing for about 10 minutes but anyway, have you seen someone do something worse than that?

#2 ·
A super-tooled-up Inquisitor managed to charge my Stealthsuits. He had 4 attacks on the charge, and a Skull Probe. The Inquisitor rolled his 4 Power Weapon attacks...all 1s.
The Skull Probe then procedded to knock off a Stealthsuit, make the unit fall back, and then they got run down.
Brutal.

#3 ·
Worst roll ever witnessed had to be when I hit my friends dark angel tactical squad with a whirlwind (they were all bunched up). He had 10 models in the squad and proceeded to roll all 1's and 2's with all 10 dice!!!! That defies odds so bad its not even funny. Can anyone give me worse? :wacko:

#5 · (Edited)
well...never seen 6 1's, but once I had an IG command squad fire at a terminator command squad (all it had left was a chaplain with 1 wound left, a librarian with 3 wounds, and a force commander with 3 wounds left).

My four grenade launchers all hit, they all wounded, and when it came time to make armor saves, he rolled 4 1's, and then failed all 4 bionics saves, finishing his chaplain, and killing his librarian. In the assault phase I charged his lone force commander, and slaughtered him with a commissar using a power fist...it was sweet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another instance that wasnt quite as bad, but was equally funny: Once at a grand tournament, I was playing against nids with my IG, and my opponent had a zoanthrope wandering around on the other side of the battlefield (just over 3 feet away). It had one wound left on it. I had a guard squad in the back have its guy with a missile launcher take a single krak shot. they passed their leadership check to fire (successful) at it, Needed a 4+ to hit (successful), then a 2+ to wound (also a success). Then he had a 2+ armor save...which he FAILED. Sure its not as impressive as rolling 6 1's, but there were so many dice rolls that had to be made that it was almost a miracle that all 4 of them worked out in my favor...

Anyways, thats what you call a "Hail Mary" in 40k terms

#6 ·
Quite possibly the funniest thing ever to happen while i have been playing 40k was when I played my friend a few weeks ago. I was Tau he was Imperial Guard. My 12 man Kroot squad got shot to hell only leaving one left. He passed all the tests etc he needed to take and my mate was saying, "Just take him off, its not like he'll do anything." I just shook my head and said "Who knows what'll happen." The Kroot charged forward over a hill, posed and sprinted down into the rear armour of a Basilisk. I rolled 1, 6 for the glancing hit...I said, "No chance of another"...i rolled again for the table and a 6 came out, destroying his basilisk. I couldnt stop laughing...a basilisk owned by one lone Kroot

#7 ·
I once failed 7 terminator saves (2+) in one turn from stormbolters. :cry: I hate grey knights:ninja:

#9 ·
i have a plan Sir Penguin,i'll buy Black Legion so i can show those Inquisition Lap dogs some real Anarchy!:D :diespam: :hump: (always wanted to use these smilies :yes: )

#10 ·
I wasn't actually there, but more than one friends who were all told me about this one die that rolled a one seventeen times in a row. After a while it was thrown against the wall and rolled back coming up a one a few times.

It's a well-known fact that beefed-up combat characters in fantasy will whiff every single time. Like my beastlord with five or so attacks, hitting on three's and he... missed entirely. Woot.

#11 ·
I am well-known amongst my friends and co-workers for consistently rolling poorly.
It's gotten to the point where people actually come up to me and say, "Oh you're that guy that sucks at rolling dice. I want to play you."

My most legendary roll I can think of was during a game we were playing after work one night. I play dwarfs and I had two cannons. One had a rune of forging and the other had a rune of fortune (see? I hedge my bets knowing that I suck at dice) and on a single turn I misfired the first cannon, rerolled, MISFIRED again and then the turn ended. The next turn I tried to fire the second cannon, misfired, rerolled, and MISFIRED AGAIN. That's 4 consectutive misfires for you guys playing along at home.

As if that weren't enough, I failed 3 consecutive leadership rolls at leadership 10 (dwarfs) in the same game. One on the charge against a fear-causing unit, and then two to rally. I am cursed.

My opponent actually made people come look, it was that terrible. :(

#13 ·
I have 2.

The first was my High elf lord facing off against a giant. My lord unleashes his secret weapon, the flaming sword of rhuin, giving him 5 attacks that hit on 2's, wound on 2's.
I was thinking one dead giant.
I rolled my 5 attacks.
3 ones.
Ok, that's bad, but I could still wound it,
2 more ones.
The giant rolls. Pick up and... comes up.
That's ok, all I have to do is hit him,
another one.
The giant then procedes to bite the head off my 266pt Lord!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second one was my night lord commander charging in against a group of guardsmen. My HQ had two master crafted lightning claws, daemonic str and furous charge!!.
I attack first, 5 attacks, 3's to hit,
all 1's and 2's
That's ok, I can still reroll 2,
2 4's
Ok, now 2's to wound,
all 1's
I can reroll them
all 1's again!!!!!!!
4 Guardsmen attack back.
4's to hit,
all hit
5's to wound
all wound
my 2+ armour save will protect me
3 1's, one dead HQ

#14 ·
I've got a new one. Last Wednesday, playing magic flux against another beast player. Unfortunately for me, my five dispel dice all come up as ones, and become casting dice for him. Lucky me, my one scroll has fled the field, and he only gives me one dice.

Oh yeah, he was playing Tzeentch, yay.

#15 ·
-ten necron warriors fire at long range at 6 terminators, 8 hit, 6 wound, 6 ONES for termie saves, they all die, that's a 1in 46,656 chance of rolling all ones on six dice.

#18 · (Edited)
In a game of Space Marine my buddy fired evry weapon on his Warlord titan at my unit of bombards. His rockets missed (he needed to roll 2+ to hit), his quake cannon missed(3+ to hit), and both his gatling cannons missed(8 shots, hitting on +5).

I cheered, but I lost anyway. He later moved his titan up, killed 2 shadowswords, got into CC with another, and ripped it up with his chainfist.

(I got back at him in a different game though, when I broke every (surviving) unit in his Eldar Army, killed all his Harliquins, and when he fell back the next turn, I captured the two last objectives, which won me the game. Not shabby for a froce made up of mostly scouts, eh?)

#19 ·
SlickWilley said:
In a game of Space Marine my buddy fired evry weapon on his Warlord titan at my unit of bombards. His rockets missed (he needed to roll 2+ to hit), his quake cannon missed(3+ to hit), and both his gatling cannons missed(8 shots, hitting on +5).

I cheered, but I lost anyway. He later moved his titan up, killed 2 shadowswords, got into CC with another, and ripped it up with his chainfist.

(I got back at him later on though, when I broked every unit in his Eldaж цйжхүыэЦЖЙБЫБвввыыы
Sorry, I don't quite understand that last sentence.

#21 ·
My Eldar-playing friend once rolled double ones on his spotting distance (a grand total of 6 inches) to shoot at my Stealth Suits... which turned out to be 6 1/4 inches away. It's not a statistical anomaly, but it was entertaining to have my generally unreliable stealth fields save the team from enemy shooting at point-blank range.

Regards,
P'Shar

#22 ·
There was a Wraithlord, the last remianing unit in an Eldar Army. It had one wound left. My last unit consisted of 2 Deathwing Terminators, one with an assault cannon. I rolled the 4 dice for the assault cannon, and came up with 4 1's. Trhen the wraithlord assaulted me and killed me.

#25 ·
36 strength 6 attacks from my grey knights couldn't even glance a Furioso dread. Of the 4 attacks from my grandmaster, 2 glanced, 1 blew it to high heaven. Where 18 of the finest warriors in the entire Imperium failed, the finest suceeded.:D

#26 ·
Playing against my friends 3'000 point Orks (he had double points), on turn two every unit in his army except two, fired their weapons. It was something like sixty shots! One shot missed.:blink:
Imagine if everybody had the dice luck of the orks....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.