Librarium Online Forums banner

Kroot Mercs in Eldar

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  ShadowcatX 
#1 ·
Anyone use Kroot Mercs in their armies? I'm dying to have a fleet of foot Kroot Hound pack of 20 Kroot, 20 Kroot Hounds and a Shaper w/Eviscerator infiltrate onto the field with my Scorps or as cover for my Banshess/Hawks.

On paper Kroot seem pretty solid as a light mass of CC infantry...thoughts?

#2 ·
Yes I have, I also play a Kroot Mercenary Army as well. Besides that you should give the shaper blood of the stalker and you can have a potential first turn charge that can easily cripple the enemy force allowing the rest of your forces to move in for the kill. A squad that big on a first turn charge would be deadly, but also a big target if you didnt get first turn.

Also they do well in combat, as long as its not terminators.

#4 ·
I'm trying to decide between Blood of the Stalker and an Eviscerator. If the Shaper is limited to 40 points of upgrades, I don't think both can be taken together. I'm torn between the mob-hidden power fist and the first turn charge.

#5 ·
From what I recall of Zora's Alaitoc list kroot made a very neat addition, seemed fluffy and seemed to fill a hole, but clearly Jenn can give you better reference, although dont recall seeing the list for many many months (hint Jenn)

#7 ·
Actually you can take both the blood of the stalker and an eviscerator, you choose the weapons AND in addition get 40 pts of wargear.

As for Zora blade, I hope you don't underestimate kroot when you come up against them as you have just shown. You're bound to end up losing. Kroot are quite good in CC, and kroot mercs are even better. Scorpions can't get a first turn charge very easily (almost not at all) and although they are more heavily armoured and no doubt a bit more powerful than the average kroot they will be out in the open and be shot before they get their chance to strike, while the kroot with numbers and their ability to infiltrat closer and get fleet of foot will most likely get into combat first turn.

#9 ·
You have twice as many of them too because of their nice points cost. The only reason I'd hesitate putting them in alaitoc is they take up valuable ranger squads spaces. But I usually use 2 squads of dire avengers anyway and conveniently they take care of my anti-horde problems.

#11 ·
I wouldn't be too hasty to say that Scorps are more survivable, don't get me wrong, I love scorps but you get twice as many kroot and don't kroot get better cover saves? Or is that a special kind of kroot from the merc list?

EDIT: Hey, how sick is this, I got 500 posts!

#16 ·
I just converted my Kroot Shaper to have a nice Wolf Guard power fist, I have my 16 carnivores assembled & primed, and I'm basing 8 hounds now...<cackles>

You know I'll be so excited to field them and they'll probably get pinned for the first 3 turns and wiped out by pie plates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.