Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking To Squash Bugs...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blue^shift 
#1 ·
Hello folks,

Just started playing but I've downloaded all the codexes and Orks are just a badass race. Let me start by saying WAAAGH!

Anyway, my buddy invested in a Tyranid army and all he's been doing is talking shit about Orks so what is the best way to combat that nasty Hive Tyrant? Should I go for mega-armor and throw my warboss + retinue at him?

...I'm also a bit worried about the Genestealers...

Has anyone had a good deal of success against Tyranids and if so how? If not help me so I don't make the same mistakes hahaha...

Later

#2 ·
sorry this is kinda late,
but i think i can relate perfectly to this situation.

when i first started 40k a while ago, i started an ork army. my friend started a nid army. he talked some mad shit too so i decided to kustom-job my army to kill niddies!

what i started with was compulsory boyz... boyz can't really do much against smaller bugs, but they can take down carnifex and hive tyrants if you swamp em.

the warboss is pretty much worthless against monstrous bugs, unless you take a thick retinue of mega-armored nobz.

good heavy support choices against bugs = looted basilisk, 2 units of 3 lobbas.

i always took lots of flash gitz against bugs, whew, they freakin mopped them.

lots and lots of big shootas are good for supressing the tides. wounding on a 2+, no save on the smaller bugs... yipes.

you can take lots of naked warbuggies with big shootas for harassment because the bugs' shooting is a joke.

if you weaken them enough with shooting then pour boyz on them, they'll probably all die. at least... thats how it went down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.