Librarium Online Forums banner

Nightgobbo VS Gobbo

845 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ^Shadow-Stalker 
#1 ·
Short story without a point.

The nightgoblin drew his rusty blade, pointing it at the vicious green opponent in front of him.
His dark hood covered his face, only showing a pair of red glowing eyes in the dark.
His foe, the goblin big boss, seemed afraid. “I will win this fight�, thought the nightgoblin, “and prove myself worthy to rule the tribe!� This battle was expected a long time ago. The tribe, which contained lots of both nighgoblins and goblins, was ruled over by black orcs, the only thing that kept the two goblinraces together. The black orcs had appointed the common goblin to rule over the both races, but the nighgoblins wasnt happy with this, and now they were challenging the goblins for the power. Nightgoblins and goblins were standing around them in a ring, all excited over the top. Their leaders were having a bloody grudge to settle.

- “Beat him, Scraggit.�. Whispered one of the nighgobbos behind him, reaching him a shield. It was a nice shield; a large crooked moon of gold was attached to its front, reflecting the light from the real moon.

Scraggit raised his scrawny hand, and silence came down like a giant blanket in the dark camp. Only a lone fire was burning a bit away, barely providing light enough to reveal the two combatants. The goblin big boss blinked all the time, apparently not happy with the amount of light. Scraggit, however, saw his foe just as good as he would have done in daylight. He had demanded to hold the battle in the night, and the stupid goblin had accepted.

- "Nice moon"... said Scraggit. The goblin looked up and saw a yellowish sphere hanging in the dark sky. He stared in awe, cause he had never seen such a moon and he was sure that it was a bad sign....

He looked down again and prepared an answer as he saw the foul nightgoblins blade slashing towards him. He dodged, and the blade struck his cheek, cutting a long, fine wound all the way down to his pointy chin. He jumped back, heightening his axe and nervously prepared for another attack, his face aching with pain.

The nightgoblin stood silent with the blade in his hand. His sneaky trick had almost succeeded. The common goblins in the ring shouted at him and cursed his cowardly action.
The nightgoblins shouted back at them, insults flying all around. “More than one will die this night� thought Scraggit.

The goblin in front of him suddenly roared like a lunatic and came towards him with his battleaxe. He had the axe high above his head, and he struck down with such force that even an orc would be surprised. Scraggit tried to fend of the blow with his sword, but the axe tore trough his guard and struck the shield, cleaving both the shield and the golden moon in half.
Scraggit was pushed backwards by the blow, and the goblin attacked again, the axe´s speed seeming at odds with the goblins strength. Scraggit parried a blow, and struck back with the sword, barely missing the goblins face. It was the goblins turn to step backwards, as the rusty sword slashed time and time again after his head. Scraggit then suddenly struck towards the legs, and the blade left a bleeding wound just above the goblins kneecap. The goblin screamed in pain and launched another blow with the axe. Scraggit stepped aside, and the goblin redirected the blow. He managed to hit the nightgoblins arm, but not with the axe´s blade. Still, the blow was enough for such a puny limb, and Scraggit dropped his weapon and fell to the ground. The goblin swung his axe upwards and then pushed it down towards the black figure below him, but could not direct the powerful blow, and his weapon was buried into the soft ground, inches from the nightgoblins face. Scraggit hurriedly drew a dagger from his belt and plunged it into the goblins shoulder, and was awarded with a howl of pain. As the goblin pulled out the smallish knife from his shoulder, Scraggit picked up his sword, ready to finish the fight.

- "Wotz goin´on here?!"

The crowd and the two combatants all stopped, wondering who had shouted. They turned around and saw a massive black orc staring at them, apparently not so happy about the event.

- “Yer wakin´the entire camp wit dat screamin!� He growled and pushed his way towards what seemed to be two tribe-leaders, apparently in the middle of a fight.

The Nightgoblin turned to the orc in an attempt to defend his honor in front of the tribe:
- “ Its non ov your business, orc!� He snarled and pointed the sword at him. The goblins in the audience stared in awe: never had one of them been so reckless.
The orc was surprised as well; he had expected them to apologize and kissing his feet in a bid of mercy. But the orcs stunned appearance was only momentarily.

- “Wot?!� He roared in outrage, his red eyes staring at the nightgoblin as he lifted him up to his face by the troth. Scraggit dropped his blade, and he was too terrified to speak.

The orc tossed the poor creature in the ground and pulled his axe from the belt. He pounded the nightgoblin over and over again until nothing but black rags were left.
He cleaned his axe in the grass and inserted it into the belt again. The goblins and nightgoblins carefully backed away from the enraged beast. The orc stared at them.

- “You be real quiet now or I will ave a greate barbeque tomorro´!!� He roared and strode back to his tent again. All the goblins stood quiet in the ring and thought carefully what to do next. Ten seconds later they had appointed a new fighter and the battle was on again.....

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks. I will keep sending stuff sometimes. And if the nightgobbos won? I couldnt decide, thats why I made the orc interupt. Easy way to avoid decisions!:w00t: No, really, I tried such a battle with dices. ( goblin big boss with gr.weapon and light arm VS nightgoblin big boss with handweapon, enchanted shield and light arm.) I did so after I had written the story, and the story has nothing to do with the results. The nightgoblin won. Maybe it was a bit cheating to give him enchanted, but otherwise all that armour wouldnt have helped at all. PS I love the new nightgoblinmodels.:yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.