Librarium Online Forums banner

moveing on

399 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  _Toast_ 
#1 ·
i can paint sort of ok but i would like help on improving my painting if any one has any advise please will they tell me

Sparks_jonathan

#3 ·
i can handle the basics quite easily i can achive pritty good standards on some models. i was wondering about :-

were in the uk can i get what i need to improve
what brushes should i use
more links

allso i wouldnt mind a little help on inks and glases because i am worse then a blind mokey when it comes to inks

hope that that helps you a bit

#4 ·
Glaze:
A transparent coating applied to the surface of a painting to modify the color tones.
It is, to some extent, the application of a transparent layer of color on another pigment. The glaze is a technique of deposit of the colors which consists in diluting painting in a very important way (1 vol. of painting for 5 to 6 water vol.). The painting thus applied will create a quasi-transparent layer which moderates the preceding colors subtly. One can thus tint the color of ones figurine, and make interesting reflections or, unify a zone when contrast between light and dark is too strong or too distinct. One can also mix it with medium to give it a slightly plastic aspect and to avoid it fills too deeply in the hollows like an ink.

Its good for blending.

Washings :
The washing is a technique of deposit of the colors which consists in diluting painting in a significant way (as with inks). Water while evaporating will then deposit mainly the color in the hollows (it is thus useful to dark or to tint the hollows). One applies it in transparent layer. Called washing of ink if it goes from the black to sepia (brown color), out of monochrome if it carries out all the tones and the intensities of another color. One speaks about successive washings when this technique is used to degrade a color.

(Thank you to this site or help)

Hope this helps a bit.

-Doom

#6 ·
Ask a bunch of questions (specifics are generally the best). Post pictures of your work. Ask for critiques. Paint a lot. Ask more questions. Post more of your work. Ask for more critiques. That would be a good method to get better.

So to sum it up - when you want to know how to do something - ask, then try it, and post pictures of your results. People will help you improve and you try again! etc. etc. etc. until you are happy with the results.

Cheers,

-Mike

#7 ·
i agree with slorak, you only as good as you think you are, and the only way to improve is to get other peoples advice if you dont know how to improve...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.