Librarium Online Forums banner

TK Scheme

745 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Clone-Trooper 
#1 ·
Alright so... ill have something painted by next week at the latest. But how does this sound? Black Skele's highlighted with lamp black, and all the glyphs would by ice blue. planning on having a TK army coming from the artic or sub artic, and has snow on them like as if it was walking during a blizzard.

Sounds good?

Thanks

Trooper Outt""

#2 ·
When you say black skellies, do you mean with black shields/armor, or actual black bone? I personally like the idea of darker bone with a petrified/burnt look to it. All the pictures of armies that I have found have more the bleached bone look. The blue accents also sound good.

Things to ponder:

An appearence question for you (in the case of dark bone). why would those skeletons be so dark in an arctic environment? It doesn't sound like the kind of conditions to produce dark bone.

It also might raise the fluff question of how they got that far and what actually animated them. I don't know if even Nagash's power would reach that far. Plus, aren't the circles more or less directly tied with the Chaos realms?

#3 ·
Well, ive only heard a bit of nageshh's story. But here is some fluff from the top of my head. Yes im talking about black bone, because i hate white undercoats, and being that i hate bone colours ( unless it has a black undercoat under it =P ). Well didnt nagash get banashed and was forced in the north pole? Well my fluff is when the tomb kings were rulers a southern part of where ever they lived ( most likely egypt ) has gotten frozen from a side effect of nagash's powers then the block of ice drifted southward to the south pole.And some crap happeend there... like uhh... one of naggasshes counts went down did soem hookey dookey and risen all of my guys and i ate him =P. Well the reason for black bone is. we got frozen up soo bad, just like what happens to a limb when we freeze it, it turns black, right? well in this case the magic made more vunerable and caused it to go deeper into our bones, so we carry nagasshh's magic within our bones. So if thats the case ill have to be a shooty/magic heavy army.

Thanks All

#6 ·
I'm by no means an expert, but I would suggest using a little blue whenever you highlight. Instead of using pure grey or brown, just add a little blue to it. What color will your metal be? That could make a difference too I think.

#7 ·
Bizzare and cool idea. I may try to paint one just to see. I undercosted mine white and dry brushed scorched brown, bleach bone and white. Then to make them less boring I put flames coming out of their eyes running back over their heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.