Librarium Online Forums banner

1000pt balanced

738 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Tenozuma 
#1 ·
I'm trying to make a list that can fight any army, with an emphasis on nids. I'm playing with about 5 friends soon tourney style. They all with different armies 2 have nids so if I can lean that direction I think ill be ok. I am a fan of Dark Eldar lords and tend to favor their abilities over other characters. I need to know if I have put too many points in my HQ and if I need heavy support at all. Its only 1000pts so I'm not expecting many tanks or too many monstrous creatures. I have just finished assembling a Dracite with a body from a ravager gunner, right arm of lelith, left arm from a normal Wyche with shoulder spikes. Thing looks awesome and I AM using it, lol. I left the raiders at 8 so I can be more flexible when placing my HQs. I can put both on same raider if I want.

HQ- 201pts
Dracon w/ punisher and tormentor helm, drugs, shadow field
Dracite w/ agonizer and pistol, drugs

Elite- 159pts
8 Wyches with Wyche weapons
- Raider with dark lance

Troops- 640pts
7 warriors with cannon and blaster
1sybrite with agonizer and pistol
- Raider with dark lance

- Raider with dark lance

- Raider with dark lance

- Raider with dark lance

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The list looks solid enough, though there is a few minor flaws that will have a big impact on its table top performance. You really dont need two mediocre CC characters in this kind of army, so swich the dracon and the drachite for a wyche succubus with an argoniser (the succubus will probably be as good in CC as the drachite anyway..), and max out your squad sizes. If you planning to go into CC, you will need as many wounds as you possibly can to have succes.

Other than that, you have a very solid list right there.

EDIT: Oh.. almost forgot. You still need a HQ guy, so go with a haemunculi with a destructor and a sicssorhand. He will cost you a mere 45 points, but may be the best point/value bargain in our HQ section (depending on you opponents army that is...)

#4 ·
Shadow fields are 0-1, not 1. I would suggest that you hold back on the shadow field goodness for now, and spend the points on wounds. Neither the Haemi or the succubus will benefit much from a shadowfield anyway, but if you must choose then slap it on to the Haemi. Shadowfields are worthless on non-IC characters.

#5 ·
Sorry to burst this bubble, but part of the restrictions of fielding a Wyche lord is NOT being able to field a Dark eldar lord. One or the other, sorry.

Id just drop both and go for an archon. Agoniser, pistol, shaddow field, drugs, grenade, 137 points. Will help against the monsterous creatures, too.

But it looks ok. Lots of speed there. Plenty of player will swear by the all raider list. I think you need to squeeze some disintergrators in, via ravagers or even the raiders (though i looooove ravagers) for the multishot or template action(or both). Also, high AP to pop zoanthropes, monsters, Tyranid warriors, and those annoying extanded carapace Genestealers.

Biggest problem i see, is if your opponents take any vanom cannons, at all, good bye raiders (thanks to open top, worse if they move more than 6 inches, as then a 4+ after a glace will kill it...) Avoid these at all costs!!

Good luck, tim

#6 ·
I apologize for the lack of understanding but let me see if I’m hearing this right. If I field a Wyche lord, I can’t field a Dark Eldar lord? So that means that the only way I can field a Wyche lord in a standard kabal is if I have a heamy as an HQ. Or are Wyche lords not capable of being In Kabals? Because the way I interpret the codex is that I can take a Wyche Dracite as long as the Wyche Dracite isn’t leading the Kabal. Which in turn means that if I have a Dracon or a heamy as the leader, I CAN have a Wyche Dracite. (Second in command)

#7 ·
If I field a Wyche lord, I can’t field a Dark Eldar lord? So that means that the only way I can field a Wyche lord in a standard kabal is if I have a heamy as an HQ. Or are Wyche lords not capable of being In Kabals? Because the way I interpret the codex is that I can take a Wyche Dracite as long as the Wyche Dracite isn’t leading the Kabal. Which in turn means that if I have a Dracon or a heamy as the leader, I CAN have a Wyche Dracite. (Second in command)
Thats how I read it, but I am not 100% sure (how can you define who is the general?)

#9 · (Edited)
Go to page 6. Theres a box on the left that says what you cant take if you field a Wyche lord.

However, theres 3 things to remember:

1) Pretty sure this codex goes back to the days of only 1 HQ, so the term 'led by' should be ignored, as you cant literaly lead an army with a single character in warhammer 40k. You have to take the worst case senario to keep the game fair and use one or the other.

2) Its not fantasy, so please dont mix and match rules.

3) There would be no point even putting the rule in the codex, if it could be by-passed as easily as 'declaring' whos 'leading' the army. Use the rule as it was intended to be used.

So everybody has a choice to make. Either take the rule at face value, applying the current rules to it and keep the game fair, or, make up a rule or two, twist the wording of the rule and then just put it down to 'interpretation', ensuring plenty on conflict on the gaming table.

i know its harsh, but play it fair. EVERYBODY KNOWS we need a new codex, theres no denying that. Until that happens, we have to use what we have.

Regards, Tim.

#11 ·
No need to double post, you can just use the edit button and add what you want to say onto the end of your post, with an EDIT disclaimer so everyone knows that you've editied it.

The wych lord arguement will go on forever, but there is really nothing to suggest that you can't take a wych lord in a kabal. Though, the only way to take a kabal lord in a wych cult is to take a dracon in lelith hesperax's army, which would allow incubi too, her force doesn't ban dracons.

But onto the dracite thing, it says if the army is LED BY a wych lord, all that stuff happens, not if the army includes a wych lord, so that means you could happily have an army "led by" another HQ choice, and just add a dracite to the army, who is not leading the army.

There are several different arguements going back and forth, one of such says that the definition of "led by" in 40k is just being an HQ choice, so even if you have an archon in the army, it is still co-led by the dracite.

But honestly, if you want to play it just how the rules say it, you can take a dracite in a kabal, though I would only do so if you have an archon, because it makes more sense because you could really say that HE is the one leading the army with some credibility, because nobody would believe that a haemonculus or such is leading the army and the dracite is just tagging along (even though it would be very possibly fluffwise).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.