Librarium Online Forums banner

2000pt OGRYN Army of doom!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Damondred 
#1 ·
Ok, here's my crazy idea for a cc guard army. now i did this all out of my head, dont have a guard codex anymore so correct me if im wrong. also i dont remember if ogryns are 0-1 so correct me if they are.

anyways, here we go........

DOCTRINES
-Ogryn Squads
-Iron Discipline
-Close Order Drill

HQ
Heroic Senior Officer + 4 Guardsmen
-Iron Discipline
-Lasguns
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Lascannon Team
111pts

Anti Tank Support Squad
-Lasguns
-3 Lascannons
110pts

Anti Tank Support Squad
-Lasguns
-3 Lascannons
110pts

Fire Support Squad
-Lasguns
-3 Heavy Bolters
80pts

Fire Support Squad
-Lasguns
-3 Heavy Bolters
80pts

ELITES
Ogryn Squad
10 Ogryns
-Bone 'ead
260pts

Ogryn Squad
10 Ogryns
-Bone 'ead
260pts

Ogryn Squad
10 Ogryns
-Bone 'ead
260pts

TROOPS
1st Platoon Command Squad
Jr. officer + 4 Guardsmen
-lasgun
-Iron discipline
-lasguns
-Lascannon Team
70pts

Squad Alpha
-10 guardsmen
-Grenade Launcher
-Missile Launcher
83pts

Squad Bravo
-10 guardsmen
-Grenade Launcher
-Missile Launcher
83pts

Squad Charlie
-10 guardsmen
-Grenade Launcher
-Missile Launcher
83pts

2nd Platoon Command Squad
Jr. officer + 4 Guardsmen
-lasgun
-Iron discipline
-lasguns
-Lascannon Team
70pts

Squad Delta
-10 guardsmen
-Plasma gun
-Missile Launcher
85pts

Squad Echo
-10 guardsmen
-Plasma gun
-Missile Launcher
85pts

Squad Foxtrot
-10 guardsmen
-Plasma gun
-Missile Launcher
85pts

Squad Gamma
-10 Guardsmen
-Plasma gun
-Missle launcher
85pts

ARMY TOTAL
2000pts

BODY COUNT
139 models

WOUND COUNT
201 wounds! :yes:

See less See more
#3 ·
I would suggest mounting al the ogryn in chimeras, but then you'd have half as many so I understand if you don't like that idea. I just hate footslogging them, they can be instakilled so easily it isn't fun. Although with all your heavies, it might make more sense to leave the ogryn to babysit the line squads.

There's also that special character ogryn you can put in your HQ squad, if you like.

#4 ·
I would suggest mounting al the ogryn in chimeras, but then you'd have half as many so I understand if you don't like that idea. I just hate footslogging them, they can be instakilled so easily it isn't fun. Although with all your heavies, it might make more sense to leave the ogryn to babysit the line squads.

There's also that special character ogryn you can put in your HQ squad, if you like.
This man knows the wisdom (or there lack of) of Ogryns. Listen to him. :yes:

The Special Charcter is Neddog...not worth it IMO. He does not match the purposes of Command Platoons that much.

#5 ·
The doctrine is feral ogryns from the abhuman list its in one of the WD's cant remember which one.
I think you went a little overboard on the missile launchers. id give the second platoon hb's as this would round your list out a little more and also would complement the plasma better.
the points you save could give sharpshooters to the support weapons squads aswell

just a lil input!

A

#6 ·
Just a suggestion, but if you really want this army to be close combat orientated, why don't you ditch the heavy weapons in your guardsmen squads (6 Lascannons and 6 heavy bolters should be enough for a combat oreinted guard) and give them hardened fighters instead and perhaps (though this part of my advice can be ignored if it doesn't suit your style) replace your plasma guns with melta guns/grenade launchers/flamers... all better weapons for an army that is going to get close and move alot. This will allow your guard to better suit the style of the army with those 30 ogryns of CC terror (i'm with you all the way there, just remember though, those ogryns are going to cost you $675!!) and less like a shooty guard army that replace its tanks and stormtroopers with ogryns (no offence meant, just trying to give you a better way to theme them)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.