Librarium Online Forums banner

1750 World Eaters vs Blood Angels

765 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ShredsofSanity 
#1 ·
Kharn The Betrayer
180 pts
(just thought id try him out since blood angels are an assaulty army)

8x Khorne Berzerkers
MoK, Chainaxes, Furious Charge
Free AC-Power Fist, Free Icon
Rhino
248 pts

8x Khorne Berzerkers
Free AC-Power Fist, Free Icon
Rhino
248 pts

8x Khorne Berzerkers
Free AC-Axe of Khorne, Free Icon
Rhino
248 pts

8x Khorne Berzerkers
Free AC- Axe of Khorne, Free Icon
Rhino
248 pts

8x Bloodletters
208 pts

8x Bloodletters
208 pts

Chaos Predator
TL Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Daemonic Possession
165 pts

TOTAL: 1753

I havent really seen him play, but from deployment i saw him use 3 baal preds, a rhino with a vet squad, 2 assault squads, death company+special character chap, a (five man?) termy squad and a landspeeder (he was playing eldar and im not sure on the points cost)

See less See more
#2 ·
I actually used to play World Eaters against Blood Angels so when I saw the thread I hoped I could offer you some insight, but that army list is pretty much the opposite of what my friend plays. In any case, as an ex-World Eater (you never really leave) I'll do my best.

My first question is whether this is friendly or competitive. If it is competitive I would suggest removing Kharn, as I find him incredibly hard to play in a mostly assault army. If you do it right you can also get a better Lord for cheaper. Most Khorne players seem to go with the skeleton of a Statured Lord with a Berzerker Glaive (and obviously the MoK) for 125 points and then you can add your own little goodies, with Strength and/or Resilience being common places to look. If, however, the list if friendly then you can obviously keep him in there and I've played with him before and he's actually a lot of fun.

Other than that there are only two things I really notice about this list that make it different from what I pictured coming into this thread (after seeing the Rhinos, of course). The first is Frag Grenades, because with most armies you can sit behind cover and wait for the Berzerkers to charge you with your I10, but this is actually less necessary as far as I can tell if you know you're going up against Blood Angels, although you should still consider it because you have to charge the closest target which can be pretty unfortunate sometimes. The other is that I think you should have another Predator, not only because your opponent seems to be pretty mechanized, which is a real factor if you're okay with a little meta, but also just because at almost 2k points you need more anti-tank. Personally I would get this by dropping the existing predator to a Auto/Las and then downgrading your Lord, but that certainly won't be enough. You could think about dropping Furious Charge because the Angels will likely get the charge pretty often, or you could think about the Bloodletters (I also have two squads of 8 but I've been fielding them in 6s so they don't come in too early, but I don't use Rhinos so there you go).

Just some things to think about, hope they help :D cheers

#3 ·
heh, yeah its just a friendly game, so i thought it would be neat to use kharn, and i personally think i painted him very well. my argument to the glaive lords is they often die easy. i mean sure theyre effective but against most people i play they manage to get shot up quickly cuz of so many guns. plus the fluff for kharn rocks. as for the anti-tank, i thought baal predators had assault cannons and flamer? isnt that more anit infantry and maybe light vehicles? idunno i just figured lots of cc death would be fun. and yes the frag grenades would be good in most cases but seriously, blood angels are secretly khorne worshippers who came up with a good excuse to claim they are on the side of the emporer until the next chaos crusade

#4 ·
heh, yeah its just a friendly game, so i thought it would be neat to use kharn, and i personally think i painted him very well. my argument to the glaive lords is they often die easy. i mean sure theyre effective but against most people i play they manage to get shot up quickly cuz of so many guns.
Ugh, you have no idea how true that is. I play against Tau more than anything else, and my dudes always get Railgunned. Stupid Tau with their Railguns...

as for the anti-tank, i thought baal predators had assault cannons and flamer? isnt that more anit infantry and maybe light vehicles? idunno i just figured lots of cc death would be fun.
That's not what I mean - I mean that playing against 3 Baal Predators and a handfull of Rhinos means you need more ways to kill these tanks than the single Predator on your side. Otherwise, as long at he successfully targets your Predator quickly, you're mostly out of ways to kill his tanks.

On a separate note, my Blood Angels friend usually doesn't take enough anti-tank units in his army, so a lot of the time I can get away with putting Mutated Hull on my Predator(s) and have them survive the whole gave because all he has is Melta Bombs on units that he would rather not have attack a large tank. Just something to think about.

and yes the frag grenades would be good in most cases but seriously, blood angels are secretly khorne worshippers who came up with a good excuse to claim they are on the side of the emporer until the next chaos crusade
Haha fair enough. I used to get so frustrated playing against Blood Angels because they don't have to pay for Furious Charge :(( :lol:

Anyway, think about that anti-tank stuff again, it cold be pretty important, but other than that enjoy your game :D

#5 ·
yeah...i lost pretty badly, although his preds didnt do much. they shot the pred and i think two rhinos and were useless the rest of the game. i killed all but 3 of his assault marines, all but 3 vets and a special character. his termies never made it into combat. i killed his chappy by turn 3, but my fav thing is his death company didnt do squat. i made all saves against death company and only lost one marine to the new rending rules for death company, with a chainaxe back killing 1/10 marines. however on my turn i got 1 squad of bloodletters summoned and charged his death company in cover and killed all 9 with no wounds in return. god i love bloodletters :D. though that was just about the only good thing i did, but it was a fun game. thanks for the tips, ill try em out if i play him again *rep*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.