What Can Beat This List? 700 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Can Beat This List? 700 pts

Heroes
    Dark Marshal on armored horse- 135pts
    Hasharin-90pts
    Black Marshal on armored horse w\sheild-80pts
    Calvary
    Morgal Knight x 4- 80pts
    Ground Troops
    Black Numenoreans x 13- 117pts
    Harad Spearmen x 13- 78pts
    Harad Bowman x 15- 90pts
    Harad Banner Carrier x 1- 30pts

Total
    700 pts exactly

What can beat this?
    id also like this to become a new trend, post your "unbeatable" lotr list. 700 pts is tourney size. remember to make your own topic for your own list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another evil force with a mumakill and all haradrim footsoldiers might have a good chance.

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

It seems that a cavalry heavy (good or bad) army, scattered with one-three powerful heros might have a chance, but the 700 pts. limitation would make it hard to do that...

-ythc
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id like to see a mumak try to chrge my frontline with his C of 2 now reduced to 1. My mows may or may not b able to wound it a few times and if i do wound it and it doesnt pass his courage test then it stampedes on all the foot soldiers YEAH!
    Also the calvary army, i can see knights of do amroth being a problem, but if i can have my bows kill the horses at least, then no more cav WOOT!

Thanks for the input guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well on the mumakill I always give him the mahud to raise his C to 5 . So it can help. Also I dont keep all the haradrim at the mumakil just for that reason. I usually have some around him to prevent it from being charged though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont have to charge it, magic and 15 bows.
    but if ud like to charge me u got a C 4 IF he doesnt die by my bows in the mean time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been out of the LoTR loop for a while (hehe I have no idea what morgul knights do ) but have had alot of experience. One thing to say is might points win games, squeezing in a cheap named character that gives you 3 might points is very useful.

As for what sorts of lists could beat it? Probably a ranger heavy army such as rangers of the north with accompanied archers. That army has so many might points its not funny. Also I played a cloaked wood elf army, it had it's pros and cons but the way you can hide your whole army for a good number of turns is very fun (well for me ).

I'm not sure if there has been points changes or such but it was along the lines of legolas, haldir, some elf captain (giving the army 8 fairly cheap might points) and as many archers as you can physically squeeze in with cloaks. Some sentinels to slow you down and then the rest was your normal block of troops that were really fodder to allow the archers to leg it.

To be honest i've never really seen a super archer army (rangers of the north or the one above) lose ever cavalry armies get pin cushioned and infantry armies are dead by the time they get to the other side. And having a mix of both just makes it worse.
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boromir on horse
    Legolas on horse with armour
    Beregond
    10 GOTFC with shield
    10 WOMT with spear and shield
    8 KOMT with shield
    14 CG with longbows and spears

Might: 10
    Models: 45

Kills 3 haradrim bowmen per turn with shooting, Haradrim kill 1.25 per turn, so you'll outshoot your opponent. 5 Turns of shooting will mean 15 dead enemies. Legolas can snipe the banner early on. Boromir will make short work of the marshal or the hasharin, and the fact that this list has double the amount of might that your opponent has, means the dark marshal should never get a spell off.

Hope that gives you one idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH, and in the harad book it says mumakil ignore fear tests or something, So maybe the fear stuff wouldnt be a problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 mumak of the serpent horde, with Mahud beastmaster chieftain, and all upgrade -Foul temperament-425 pts, ridden by
    12 archers of harad, 72 pts

17 Warriors of harad, with spears 102
    Banner of harad, 30 pts
    8 corsairs, 4 shields, & 4 spears, 64 pts

My reason for picking this army, is because two things- with a Mumak, the concentration laid upon another trivial part of the force is near silly. The 17 harad spearmen was just a way to supply some warriors to draw good heroes away from a combat with the Mumak. The corsairs were to add a few Fight value of 4 attacks to that cause. The banner was a given- who wouldn't have a banner?
    This list is slightly less than likeable to some, but this is the way i win my fights ( i've won 8/10 fights in the last month, this way. That's my list. I know there's a better list, though... obviously
    This army has 40 soldiers. Quite good
    Another one of my lists is

16 corsairs, 8 spears, 8 shields 128 pts
    17 Harad Warriors with spears 102 pts
    Suladan, 90 pts
    20 Harad warriors with bows, 120 pts
    2 Half trolls of far harad, 1 with 2handed Weapon, 45 pts
    Banner of Harad, 30 pts
    1 King of mahud on camel, with shield- 90 pts
    8 Mahud warriors, with shield and Hand weapon- 88 pts
    This'd be a decent army of footsoldiers, with a single hardhitting Mahud king on camel, to add something powerful enough to challenge the fighting skill of even 2 cave trolls,
    This army has 46 soldiers. That's a decent number, considering

+ Reply to Thread