M-Poc: Game Plays fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M-Poc: Game Plays fun

We got a few early copies of this game at Gen Con, and have been having a great time with it. I've noticed a few bits of confusion in this forum so let me help clear it up.

1) The game is a PREPAINTED collectible miniature game (CMG). Think like D&D mini's, Dreamblade, Hero clicks, Star Wars mini's, etc. The painting and figure quality is a bit better than those games, but you get the idea.

2) There is NO customization of your monster, except you can choose his hyper form. That is, each monster has a base form (alpha) and an advanced form (Hyper). Alternate hyper forms of your monster can be collected and then before the game starts you can choose which hyper form your monster has today.

3) The rules are MUCH more interesting than previous CMG's. There is an interesting 'dice management' mechanic which forces you to choose between activating your units (little tanks, aircraft, etc.) and your big monster. Basically you will use your units to 'resource gather' power dice, which will make your monster very powerful. There are also agendas which have in game effects with certain buildings which effects each factions play style.

4) The whole thing looks cool when set up if you have enough buildings. Once your play group gets a good collection of buildings together the whole thing kicks up a notch.

If you'd like to know more, our podcast, The D6 Generation, had an interview with one of the Monsterpocalypse designer's (Erik Yaple) it episode 16. And we'll be doing a full review of the game in Episode 17 which comes out in a couple days.

Happy Gaming,

Russ W.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I noticed a crap-ton of attitude with no real info behind them in the forum so far. I've heard a lot of great things about it, and come tomorrow I'm gonna dive in, and try it out! Just a few more hours to the release!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Our gaming group bought heavily into it and pretty much sold the store out, I played a few games and I gotta say it's a BLAST!

Being a fan of Mini's games and Monster movies, it was really a refreshing and fun game to have a go with.

The problem I seem to have is I want to play the Shadowsun Syndicate, but all their pieces are notoriously hard to get in our store.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monsterpocalypse Full Review

We're really enjoying the game around here as well.

We've finally got a detailed review of the game up in Episode 17:

The D6 Generation - Dice Are Our Vice

+ Reply to Thread