As far as a realistic storyline goes... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as a realistic storyline goes...

Is there more than one of every monster? I mean... Cthugorosh can't just die in one battle, and than POOF magically appear in the other can he? The same goes for all other main monsters.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever watch a Godzilla Movie, and then watch one of it's sequels, you'll see that Godzilla or whatever other monster he's fighting, could easily die and be ressurected through some method. And besides, WHY would you look for a "realistic" storyline in a game that involves giant monster beating the hell out of each other? That's like saying that "magic isn't real, so the Mages in Fantasy Battle shouldn't exist", you should just enjoy the game, not nitpick the storyline.
    Oh yeah, and just to make your gripe seem even dumber, they have excuses to have multiple monsters in the storyline. That's right, the Planet Eaters landed in 6 different locations, and multiplied from their, the G.U.A.R.D build their own robots and stuff so they can always repair anything that get destroyed, Terrasaurs are made from pollution and industrial waste, so they keep coming, the monsters of Cthul, come from some other dimension, and I doubt they're the only ones of their kind, and I could go on and mention all 6 factions, but I think I've proved my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistic Cthulhu would just destroy the entire world with his thoughts. Come on now! Its just a fun game. I suggest you give it a try. They do need to relize though that Cthulhu comes from the bottom of the ocean, not a different dimension. I suppose they must mean the dreamworld.
    Last edited by VampireCountsFTW; December 15th, 2008 at 04:40.
    Vampire Counts-4000 Points
    Empire-2250 Points
    Black Templars-2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VampireCountsFTW View Post
    Realistic Cthulhu would just destroy the entire world with his thoughts. Come on now! Its just a fun game. I suggest you give it a try. They do need to relize though that Cthulhu comes from the bottom of the ocean, not a different dimension. I suppose they must mean the dreamworld.
    Even if it's a total rip-off of Cthulhu, it's still kind of their own character, or at least their own interpretation so if their version comes from a different dimension, then that's THEIR version (albeit, their version, kind of sucks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry but if you are trying to pretend there is an "original" version of Cthlhu there isnt. Lords of Cthu? What do you seriously think that is? Yes and king kong is from mars. Do you understand? I love this game so far but the story lines are 100% driven from other tales of monsters and such. Just cause they throw in the twist of "another dimension" doesnt make it original. BY THE WAY Cthulhu comes from the Dreamworld originally which is altered dimention.
    Vampire Counts-4000 Points
    Empire-2250 Points
    Black Templars-2000 Points

+ Reply to Thread