I'm choosing a GOOD army to collect - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm choosing a GOOD army to collect

I need a little advice as to what "GOOD" army i should try collecting.
    I've always had my eye on the neat formations of the Gondorians. I've always thought of trying out the elves.
    But there are two types of good that there's a definite no- to.. Dwarves, and hobbits.. Too slow for me.
    So, could you awesome people gimme a little advice as to what to start collecting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Grand Master Belial's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

There is also a Rohan list to consider. As horse masters that should help you in your need for speed. Not the best armour, but you can get more men on the field as compared to Gondor. As they can ally with the Grey Company you can get Rangers for better bowfire and access to the Elven Twins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A decent option (I think) would be to look at everything, find the model(s) you want the most , for various reasons, and build a force around them (I did the same with Morannon Orcs and Haradrim). Following the advice of others as far as effectiveness is all well and good, but you need to feel that they're yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice...glorious advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashnir View Post
    I need a little advice as to what "GOOD" army i should try collecting.
    I've always had my eye on the neat formations of the Gondorians. I've always thought of trying out the elves.
    But there are two types of good that there's a definite no- to.. Dwarves, and hobbits.. Too slow for me.
    So, could you awesome people gimme a little advice as to what to start collecting?

Alright,first of all you need to decide on the kind of army you like the look of and look at the fluff behind it.

Secondly,you need to have a look at the gw website and decide what model(s) you like the look of.

Thirdly you need to go and get some core troops,basically the troops you build your army around!

Last but not least you can personalise your army with heroes and some nice big war machines e.g catapults,trebouchets, stuff like that.

Hope this was helpful,give me a shout if there was anthing you don't understand anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you going to play WOTR or SBG? In WOTR the elves are awsome, high fight value terror and great heroes. Their only disadvantage is their high point cost, but they are almost always worth it. In SBG the twins are among the best heroes around and they are very cheap. But go with the models you like best, i did and i ended up with haradrim and umbar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Vashnir again (forgot password). I decided to go with Elves, but as yet I'm very behind. Haven't started with WOTR at all.

THis was posted a long time before WOTR.

I don't really even get WOTR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOTR is for those who have a lot of miniatures and want to use a lot of them in a game without it taking forever.
    For example, I have around 2500 pts in WOTR, but a lot more points in the SBG, yet the WOTR game might take several hours compared to days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

What type of elves do you play? Wood elves, high elves, or Galadrim?
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ATM I'm looking at wood elves. They're neat, and of course I can still have some shiny high elves if ever want them.

+ Reply to Thread