Pursuade me... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pursuade me...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Pursuade me...

ok. none of my friends collect lord of the rings, i love the films, i think the books were some of the best ever written, I love the idea of the fellowship fighting surrounded by warriors. In other words I'm stuck. It's either gondor led by the fellowship or Chaos for 40k. So good denizens of middle-earth. Pursuade me.

Oh and just thought I'd mention. I once owned a very large moria army. Something very funny once happened. I was playing against a boromir fan. I put my cave troll on the board.

Boromir fan-"gah. They have a cave troll..."
    me-"Actually they have 10"

lol 10 cave trolls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.... I think, firstly, you're concentrating on the Fellowship too much.
    You don't have to lead your force with a member of the Fellowship, even though they're decent.

There're also other minor heroes, E.g Faramir, a formidable captain of gondor, capable of dispatching any captain Evil sends at you, be he ranger or kitted up with heavy armour.

Eomer, leading the rohirrim, is also capable of everything Faramir is, especially when you look at the fact that they have next-to-the-same stats.

It's always good to start with the fellowship, however, so if you haven't already, get the Mines of Moria set. Next collect some warriors of minas tirith, (again, if you haven't already). About 2 sets would give you a good amount of heroes and soldiers to start playing a basic game.

You would have 5 very good force leaders to choose from, Legolas, Gimli ( 2 good decisions, probably the one you should start using before you user the other 3), Boromir, Aragorn, and of course, Gandalf. Hobbits are really a waste of points, until you get the more advanced versions of Pippin, and Merry. Frodo is a disaster waiting to happen if any Ringwraiths are upon the board. (Quite possible waste of 50 pts+)

Basically, it won't take too much to get into that li'l Gondorn theme you've got going. Only a little bit of painting, and some quick purchases.

Good luck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

thanks for the tips. Any others anyone??

Senior Member Grand Master Belial's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Take the scene outside the Black Gate as an example. You have the King Elessar/Aragorn, Legolas & Gimli with two Hobbits and Gandalf the white surrounded by Warriors from Rohan and Gondor. You can add in Eomer to lead the Rohirrim. You can then throw in some of the other Lesser Heroes (The named ones from the Fiefdoms as an example) as well.

Faramir and Eowyn are out as they are recovering from their injuries. Sam and Frodo are on the other side of the Gate. Theoden & Boromir have fallen.

This gets around the One Ring and loads up an army with Fellowship characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then there's the upcoming plastic Warriors of the Dead (why have they done this to me?). Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, the King of the Dead and some Warriors of the Dead gives you the force that arrived on the black ships in the movies. And then the War of the Ring (if you've been reading WD you'll know as much as most).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

War of the ring

War of the ring will blow your mind.

Seriously where Warhammer sometimes feels like an art form, WOTR is a game. It is quick, easy, fun and deep too. There are a broad range of miniatures available which are, frankly, some of the best GW have ever produced.

I played a game just yesterday. Brilliant. The more realistic size of the weapons lends a credibility to the game that Warhammer and 40k long ago abandoned.

Hmm, I'm sounding rather enthusiastic huh.

Get a copy of the rules and see if you don't agree with me though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Just started moria for War of the ring. Just thought I'd let you know. Pics to follow.

+ Reply to Thread