Not WotR Harad army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not WotR Harad army

Ok so im making a 1500 point army. Harad based. I ll put down the list which I have all the minis. And this is not a WotR list since I really like the 'older' version better, it is more unique. Ok so anyway heres the list

Mumak
    -Gnarled Hide
    -Mahud
    -rocks

12 Haradrim with bows

Easterling captain with shield

8 Easterlings with shields

18 haradrim with spears

5 easterlings with spear and shield (one with banner)

8 Easterlings with bows

6 mahud warriors with blow pipes

6 haradrim raiders 3 with bows, 3 with spears one with banner.

Khandish charioteer with bow and 2 handed weapon

Hasharin

TOTAL: 1077 points

Here is my layout though.

squad one: 8 easterlings with sheilds and captain in front rank, supported by 9 haradrim with spears, further supported by the 5 easterling spearmen and the banner.

squad 2, Mumak with mahud and 12 haradrim with bows in howdah. also 9 haradrim with spears are around his base to try and prevent the enemy from charging him.

The other models will go w herever i need them as support.

Also I realize that I am over the bow limit by a bit so I need some more normal infantry.

I was thinking of maybe adding in some Corsairs with spears and swords and no bows sinc ei have enough. But what i really want in this force is one or both of these, a unit of Kataphrakts or especially a unit of mahud raiders to ad some more punch to the army but thats a lot of money that i dont have. I probably will get a box of h aradrim raiders to have descent hit and run unit and descent spear unit to help out. Nothing is set in stone yet though, So throw me some suggestions on what You think would help this army out.

Also I was wondering, can raiders have a spear and a bow? it says you can change the bow for a spear for free but it also says a spear costs one point.

Also im not all about an army that is built to win. I just like having fun.

Even a Dragon in this army would be really fun but I dont know if its even legal The opponent would have some things to think about but if its an elven shooty army I d be doomed.

Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1- As far as I can tell, you don't have a leader for the khandish or mahud part, makes it LOME illegal.
    2- Bow limit, as you said, so I am assuming LOMEness.
    3- 700pts is easier to manage and more people are willing to play an average sized game.
    4- Just put SBG in the post.
    5- Ringwraiths are always recommended to dispatch super heroes like aragorn. Especially a cheap one,
    E- Lampost

Now, if you want to know about army list legalities, I can PM you an excel LOME army builder so that you'll be able to build a legal list. Otherwise I'll basically be building your army for you. Mahud suck without a king to lead them.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, i didnt realize i was doing all that illegal stuff. I didnt know you had to have a leader for every ally that you take, I thought that as long as its in the allied section its fine. I guess i have some work to do. Sorry but what does LOME mean

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means "Legions of Middle Earth" which is basically the guidleline to building tournie legal army lists and to prevent most powergaming.

Anyway, so you'd need

a Khandish King or chieftan (Best on chariot, for extra oomph against calvary. Still not worth it most of the time.)
    A Mahud King (The other leader choice isn't worth it much) Unless that Mumak is a mahud mumak, in which case you need a leader for the normal haradrim, which is your hasharin anyway.
    If using a Serpent Horde as your Harad list, then you don't need an allied Corsairs leader, unless you want to use corsair crossbows, but it looks like you only want to use the normal ones, which is good.

For an easy thing to help with LOME lists, just google Lonelyknight, his homepage will have all you need. And all the lists you chose can ally with eachother, so no worries there.

Also, at 1500pts, your opponent will use so many bows targetting the guys on the mumak, that eventually it will continue to stampede among your ranks, which isn't very fun. Maybe another mumak to screw with your opponents head.
    Last edited by techmarine Rannon Zriker; June 28th, 2009 at 14:01.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

+ Reply to Thread