Thinking about Starting this game and had a few questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Thinking about Starting this game and had a few questions.

Ok, so I want to start monsterpocalypse as an alternate game from my warhammer fantasy armies and I had a couple questions.

First of all, after some research, I have found that there are 3-4 expansions for the game out already? If I limit myself to Rise in order to get familiar with the game at first, should I avoid players that are using monsters and units from the expansions or can a force made from only Rise stuff still be effective.

My second question is about the factions. Besides how the units and monsters look for each faction, are they unique in other ways? I would be disappointed if all the factions basically played the same but with different looking models. So I guess I am asking people to describe each factions specific traits or characteristics if indeed they even have any.

Thanks in advance for helping another gamer to get into what looks like an extremely interesting game.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I understand this forum is pretty much dead, but no one has any advice or anything?
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Privateer Press are pretty psychotic about getting their games playtested and well balanced. That goes for their expansions also: if you are playing nothing but Rise, you won't have too much trouble against more filled out opponents.

AT this moment, you might want to consider picking up Monsterpocalypse Now boosters instead of Rise. Monpoc Now has different monsters, factions and buildings than Rise, but it is a second starting place. Monpoc Now features all new factions, and a strong set of basic type buildings to go with them.

So, choosing between the two, it is really all about whether you like the second set of factions more than the first.

+ Reply to Thread