Horus Heresy- Fantasy Flight Games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Horus Heresy- Fantasy Flight Games

I'm not sure if people have seen this, but one of FFGs upcoming products is a board game called 'Horus heresy', which appears to be a 2-player board game about the fight on Terra between the Emperor and Horus. From what i've seen the game comes with a load of nice looking miniatures and a cracking board- and i'm guessing is a remake of the old 1990s card stock game which is great news as that was a great game!

I don't know too much about the game other than what i've read on Fantasy Flights website. Knowing FFs product it is likely to be expensive, but also very well designed with some outstanding components.

What i've found interesting is that since FF have had a license to produce Warhamemr related products they have come out with some very interesting products that builds upon the mythos of the warhammer universes, and has produced some outstanding games (Chaos in the Old World for example) so im looking forward to this immensely.

PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

They had a copy at Games Day I think, but the crowd was so big I couldn't be arsed to fight my way through - but tbh as it's an FF game I'm probably going to be getting it. Yet to play a game of theirs I don't like
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    They had a copy at Games Day I think, but the crowd was so big I couldn't be arsed to fight my way through - but tbh as it's an FF game I'm probably going to be getting it. Yet to play a game of theirs I don't like
    Me too! what I think FF do well is capture the essence of the subject material- so the BSG game captures the spirit of the TV show, Arkham Horror captures the Lovecraftian thing well etc etc so I am expecting the background to shine. A big plus for me as well is that its a 2-player game, as I sometime struggle to get enough people interested in my more geekish pastimes, however as this is a boardgame rather than a wargame I can see more of my non-warhammer playing friends being interested. Plus even though its going to be quite pricey you know FF products are high quality so it will be well worth it.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

A double post AND a necro? well tar and feather me and call me Shirley...

Well the game is out now, I haven't got it yet as it appears to be 70 quid! But has any other esteemed LO member managed to give it a go yet? thoughts etc?
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Saw it at a local hobby shop, but only 2 players for the $100 turned me off of buying it, looked fun though.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

+ Reply to Thread