New to WotR - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to WotR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to WotR

Hello everybody,

I´m played warhammer 40k a couple of years now, but now my eyes (and mind)
    have turned to War of the Ring also. I played an introduction game in my local
    GW and the game design was just perfect.
    So I have the rulebook for a couple of months now, and I finally created my
    first list. It is for an Elf army (1000 & 1500 points to let you show my expending ideas)

Commentary and feedback are well appreciated.

First, my 1000 points list.

- Haldir's Elves (2 companies)....................................................195 points

-(2x) Galadhrim Regiment (2 companies) Captain; Banner & Shields.....370 points

- Galadhrim Knight Regiment (3 companies) Captain & Banner.............235 points

- High Elf Regiment (2 companies) Hornblower.................................125 points

- (Fortune) Galadhrim Longbows................................................... 75 points

total: 1.000 points

The main idea behind this list:

Haldir's Elves take (if possible) a elevated position, withering down the enemy. Due to Haldir's rule the get a 1+ shooting value by spending a might.

The Galadhrim regiments and High Elf Regiment advance towards the enemy, and I'll
    use the Galadhrim Knights for a (possible) outflank move in the flank. Due to the fortune they get a 2+ Shoot value.

___________________________________________________________________________ ____

My other list (not really much different):

- Haldir's Elves (4 companies)........................................................295 points

- (3x) Galadhrim Regiment (2 companies) Captain; Banner; Shields........555 points

- Galadhrim Knights Regiment (3 companies) Captain; Banner...............235 points

- High Elf Regiment (2 companies) Captain; Banner; Hornblower............210 points

- High Elf Archer Regiment (2 companies)..........................................120 points

- (Fortune) Galadhrim Longbows..................................................... 75 points

total: 1.490 points

Tactic here:

It's the same tactic as with the 1.000 points list, the only thing that is different, Haldir's group has grown, and there is an extra archer regiment to help.

Thank you for reading this and thanks for the replies.

Last edited by shadowstrike; May 15th, 2011 at 09:14.
    "Follow me if I advance,
    Kill me if I retreat.
    Avenge me if I die."

+ Reply to Thread