Space Hulk? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Space Hulk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Hulk?

Anyone still playing Space Hulk? I cursed myself for not getting into it when GW was making it (the more recent version). A few years back though I met a guy selling a bunch of his 40k stuff including the original version of Space Hulk with the Deathwing expansion pack and everything. Man that's a great game!! I'm a huge fan of terminators (I love the way they look, especially the older ones with the more curved shoulder pads), and it's great to use them in their element. All the expansion rules (I think I have rules for power armor marines lying around somewhere, and I think I also have some rules for other troop and weapon types). Besides, the whole idea of a desparate boarding action by a small force of gallant elite marines to stop an insidious threat from managing to work its way into an Imperial world, undetected until the world explodes in rebellion is just cool! Also the rules from the more recent version are pretty similar so I can use the scenarios that were published in WD for the more recent version.

So, anyone else out there still playing Space Hulk? Perhaps just 40k but in an extremely close quarters/space ship or building type environment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, I have the original Space Hulk (With the really, really ugly plastic one-piece terminators), and the deathwing expansion, but, I also have Advanced space crusade, wich is really cool, so if your looking to buy old boardies, get ASC. it has rules for most nids, including fexes, and most marines (terms, marines, scouts, librarians etc), plus strangers (eldar, orks, mutated slave orks), and a really cool organic multi piece playing board, as this time, the marines are boarding a Tyranid Hive Ship, and has to, through several missions, destroy the vital organs on board, to cripple it. sounds interesting? sure it does!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!
    Anybody want to sell his Space Hulk stuff to me??
    I'm searching for Space Hulk quite some time and on ebay ther's not much choice especially for the extensions
    THX Athlim

honest offers to boris_berger@gmx.de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I have the old Space Crusade game with the ugliest Marines you ever saw... I love that game.. It's exellent... Never heard of ASC though. Maybe I should check it out..
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Crusade is the man! Use to play this all the time.
    Use to be the Ultramines captain with heavy bolter, digital weapons and medi-kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

space hulk is the reason i started playing 40k, it also taught me the power of a space marine on overwatch in a really long hallway, the casualties kept on piling up and i never killed him, never, and we lost the game cause of it
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Crusade, now yer talkin, it had Orks in it...WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like there are a few people here that love Space Hulk. I've played it when it first came out and have just recently found a website you guys may be interested in. It contains the First edition rules for Space Hulk, Deathwing, Genestealer as well as the board sections. Just click the link below and enjoy.

Sput
    Link click me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got my hands on both editions on spcae Hulk and now I am trying to find the expansion packs (might have borrow my mates ones and scan them), I love the game!!! I also love ASC too (the idea of scouts running around in a nid ship with only hvy bolter sounds really cool :-) Did mention that I loved Hulk and ASC??? I wish GW would release the games agian, I have more fun with these 2 games then I did play 40k (oh and necro the most played 40k game where I live but we can't get t he new book out here in Australia).

there is my view on things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason i'm back taking up W40k now is due to Space Hulk. My mate had SH, Genestealer and Deathwing, when we were teenagers, and it was great. We didn't play to often though as he used to come around my house more than me going around his, and he couldn't be bothered to drag all the stuff over to my house all the time, and funnily enough he never wanted to leave it behind!

Anyways, my wife had no idea what to get me for christmas, and me and my mate were reminiscing about our youth and it came up - so i frantically scanned ebay for a decent edition of SH, but they were going for £50+ and they were the beat up one's. The good condition ones were going for closer to £80, and what with huge p&p people were wanting, i opted for W40k instead. (The SH editions with both expansion boxes went for double the price stated above&#33

Space Hulk was cool!!!

I think i now have my ideas for a gaming board - close quarters on a space hulk!

It might take some time putting it together though!!!!

Any ideas on where to start?

I had Space Crusade - a watered down MB version of Space Hulk, and then i upgraded to Advanced Space Crusade, a far superior game. But i decided i had outgrown that sort of stuff and sold the lot off in a bundle for next to nothing! Damn, wish i'd kept them now!

<:> <_< <:> <_<

If you do want to buy SH on ebay, make sure you email the seller for the exact contents of the box, as reputable traders will give that information freely in the advert, others will not give entire contents lists on the advert, and they tend to have models/rules/boards/odds and bods missing, with maybe replacement pieces that have little to do with the original game just to bulk it up.

Buyer beware&#33;
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Closed Thread