WoW The Board Game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

WoW The Board Game

I just got my order in of the World of Warcraft Board Game yesterday.
    After reading the rules, I broke everything out to get a test feel of how the game works. The first thing I noticed - it's risky going one on one with even gnolls, murlocs or ghouls if you're a level 1 caster class (priest, mage, warlock, druid?).

While the game seems overly complex, as the rulebook is 40 pages, and there are so many parts to the game, I find it actually quite intuitive. The cards for items or skills, despite being small, are easy to read and determine the effects they have on your character, enemy monsters and the game world. Remembering all the little details though might cause some confusion (I totally forgat that there were exp bonuses and penalties for quests at differing levels than your character).

However, it does seem like during a real game, it could get tiresome if you're the passive faction and the active faction is taking its sweet time determining actions or formulating dice pools during combat.

Anyways, I'm going to have some people over this Saturday for some WHFB. Maybe we'll try the game out.

Anyone else with this game care to share an opinion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

TJK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Wow 40 pages of rules

and I thought the D&D board game was hard , anyways sounds like a fun game , tell me how it goes ^_^ , have fun ^_^

Might buy it myself ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Iv herd its very fun to play. as mine is still in the box, now coming upto 6months lol none of my mates want to play it :cry:

+ Reply to Thread