Librarium Online Forums banner

Coolest Tau Color Schemes

51K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Jolnir 
#1 ·
I'm deciding what to do with my small new Tau army, and am curious about some of the coolest schemes you guys have seen out there. Post some pics.

#3 ·
Very nice. I'm thinking white/gold, grey/gold, or brown/silver as main/secondary color options, but continue to browse the various themes that people have created. I find the original tan to be a bit dull.

#4 ·
I have a rapidly growing farsight army. But i've noticed, like Idomisei mentioned, tau can easily pull off bright colors (assuming there's not so many that just conflict with each other. Also, not using metallic colors also lends well to a tau-anime esthetic, where they might be using a plastic compound or at the very least metal components coated in paint to protect them from weathering/to camouflage (Bright teal is a type of camo, right?) them, much like modern day military machinery.

anyway, for picking a basic color scheme I think you can use shaun's (bluetablepainting) method for painting tyranids-
-Crazy bright color (Teal, Bright Orange, Purple)
-Neutral color (Whites, Greys, or "WW2 colors")
-Complementary Spot color (use a color wheel to find the complement of your bright color) this is usually lenses, plasma coils, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.