Librarium Online Forums banner

Painting stealth suits and ghostkeels

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wilddragon 
#1 ·
What does everybody think about painting these models in regards to the overall army scheme? To me, stealthsuits and ghostkeels should be painted in a darker main colour, like black regardless of your overall army scheme. But I cant figure out how I should go about this. Stealth technology is generally black, you would obviously add in colours of your scheme to tie it in to your army. Focusing more on using the darker of your two colours primarily and using the lighter one as accent. How has everybody else decided to paint their stealthsuits and ghostkeels? What do you think of my thinking and what do you think I should do?

#2 ·
Just don't paint them to match the tabletop. I tried that and whenever it looked right, I kept forgetting about them.

On a more serious note, you could try a darker base color with the same color of whatever is your most common detail/highlight. That'll keep things color-coordinated.

#3 ·
I made my army with the Tau tan armour and a dark purple as the secondary. I think tan armour on the stealth armour would look goofy. I also already started painting some of my stealthsuits and did 3 of them with half camo, the way people blend them to match the table. I assume this is what you are referring to? They will have enough other colour to distinguish and pick them out though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.