Revised 2000pt lists - 3 variants (High priest / King / Casket) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Revised 2000pt lists - 3 variants (High priest / King / Casket)

Some points values have been removed due to GW Copyrights. -Spector

Hey,

Following some advice on the previous lists, I've come up with these 3 lists. 1 using a High Priest, 1 using a King, and 1 using a Casket.

-------------------
    Tomb King - 201
    Collar of Shapesh, Great weapon

Liche Priest - 168
    Staff of Ravening
    Skeletal steed

Liche Priest - 160 (Heirophant)
    Heiratic Jar, Cloak of Dunes

Liche Priest - 160
    Plaque of mighty incantations, Vambraces of the Sun

24 Skeletons - 212 (+ Priest)
    Standard, Champion

24 Skeletons - 251 (+ King)
    Standard, Shields, light armour
    Banner of Undieing Legion

6 Light Horse (+ Mounted Priest)

4 Chariots - 220
    Standard, Mirage Standard

Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion
    4 Ushabti

Screaming Skull Catapult - 110 (+ Heirophant)
    -Skulls of the foe

TOTAL = 1996
    -----------------

High Priest - 295
    Cloak of Dunes, Plaque of mighty incantations

Liche Priest - 168
    Staff of Ravening
    Skeletal steed

Liche Priest - 140
    Heiratic Jar

Tomb Prince - 184
    Rides Chariot, Chariot of Fire
    Light armour, Enchanted shield, Spear

25 Skeletons - 210 (+ High Priest)
    Standard

25 Skeletons - 210
    Standard, Shields

5 Light Horse ( + Mounted Priest)

Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion
    4 Ushabti

3 Chariots - 180

Screaming Skull Catapult - 110 (+ Liche Priest on foot)
    -Skulls of the foe

TOTAL = 1999
    --------------------

Tomb King - 201
    Collar of Shapesh, Great weapon

Liche Priest - 280
    Casket of Souls

Liche Priest - 160 (Heirophant)
    Heiratic Jar, Cloak of Dunes

Liche Priest - 160
    Plaque of mighty incantations, Vambraces of the Sun

24 Skeletons - 212 (+ Priest)
    Standard, Champion

24 Skeletons - 227 (+ King)
    Standard, Shields,
    Banner of Undieing Legion

4 Chariots - 220

Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion
    4 Ushabti

Screaming Skull Catapult - 110 (+ Heirophant)
    -Skulls of the foe

TOTAL = 2000

I prefer the first 2 lists, as they contain units that are already available. Dont have a casket.

Let me know what you think, thanks

Cheers

Last edited by Spector; August 20th, 2007 at 22:43.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

All 3 look good. Only a few things id say, loose the vambraces from the priest in lists 2 and 3, he shouldnt be geting into CC anyway. Also loose the champions from any skellie units. Im guessing they are there to protect priests from challenges, but priests can still be picked out for attacking by normal warriors, so your priests should not be inside units when they get in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    All 3 look good. Only a few things id say, loose the vambraces from the priest in lists 2 and 3, he shouldnt be geting into CC anyway. Also loose the champions from any skellie units. Im guessing they are there to protect priests from challenges, but priests can still be picked out for attacking by normal warriors, so your priests should not be inside units when they get in combat.
    My theory with the champion + vambraces was that I can challenge enemy characters/champions, leaving only regular troops to attack the Priest, of which 1 will lose its attacks. So at most thats 2 regular troops, theyd need to be lucky to kill him in 1 turn..
    I do agree about the Priests leaving the unit before combat, but quite often there can be a hill with a bolt thrower (or something equally nasty) sitting on it.. not good news for any lone Priests. So it was basically an insurance policy for that situation... although hopefully Scorpions will have taken out those threats by the time things are getting into combat.
    Thoughts?

As for how to play them..
    Im thinking sit back defensively with Bowmen and catapult (and casket for list 3), firing extra shots in magic phase, forcing the enemy to come to me. Then use a magic/normal move to reform the skellies into a fighting block. Bog down units with skellies then flank with Ushabti, chariots etc. Scorpions burrow to deal with enemy shooting, meaning I'll have the ranged superiority, ensuring that they do actually advance like I want.

Sound about right?

Thanks
    W L D
    21 5 5

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Your ideas are good. Scorpions should be nailing enemy war machines early on, its a good idea to keep priests in units or behind terrain units they are safe to move freely.

The tactics are good to, definitely a defensive list. Only thing i'd say is although skellie blocks act as a sponge, try and let them get the charge, combined with Ushabti if possible. I used to sit back and let the enemy hit me, then spend the final turns of the game dying. However since i began playing again recently i have been the one charging into the enemy once they get closer, and my win record has improved vastly (100% so far). Ushabti are far better if you just throw them forward supported by the static CR of skellies. That way your skellie units die less easily too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Ushabti are far better if you just throw them forward supported by the static CR of skellies.
    I think if you did a combined charge with Ushabti & skellies (both hitting the front of the same unit, assuming thats what you meant), you would only get 1 Ushabti in base contact. Because you have to bring the most 'models' into contact, and unfortunately with a smaller base, the skellies get priority and any left over room goes to the Ushabti.

I agree about trying to get the charge with skellies if you can, why not. However even with an extra magic move, its still only 8", not enough to outcharge Elves, whos smallest charge distance is 10"

Cheers
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Well he used the King list against me on the weekend and it beat me fairly convincingly, which isnt bad considering I make good DE lists, & was on about a 10-long winning streak. My rolling wasnt too great, but I think I still wouldve lost with average luck.

It wouldve been even better for him if all of his guesses for the catapult werent a few inches short. I did let him roll a missfire though, because it happens to him way too often.
    I also gave him the side with a hill, for the skellie bowmen, so both ranks could fire, which also helped him.
    I was also helping him tactically, it was more of a practice match, but overall I think the list did pretty well against a good balanced army.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread