2250 Chariot Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

2250 Chariot Kings

This is a weird list I thought up because I was bored but t looks like a cool idea that coud play out extremely well in the right hands. What do you guys think.

Liche high Priest
    Scroll
    Hieratic Jar
    Cloak of Dunes
    Collar of Shapesh

Tomp Prince General (In regeneratig chariots)
    LA
    Shield
    Chariot
    Spear of Antharak
    Vambraces of the Sun

Tomb Prince
    LA
    Chariot
    Flail of Skulls

Tomb Prince
    LA
    Shield
    Chariot
    Flail
    Brooch of the Great Dessert

2 Tomb Swarms

X3 10 Skeletal Bowmen

20 Skeletons (should i give them bows?)
    LA
    Shield
    Musician
    Standard

X3 3 Chariots
    Mus.
    Standard
    One has Banner of undying legion

5 Carrion

2 SSCs
    Skulls of the Foe

I see how this could be seen as cheesy and it probably is. Against most armies I stand back and have the chariots wait to charge and kill while the bowmen hold up a unit (most rank and file troops can't go through 10 in one round) I am casting Smiting 4 times per round on the SSCs in addition to the 39 bow shots and the carrion march blocking and crossfiring. I like the LHP because it is so hard to dispell her.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right...

You can only cast smitting on something once per magic phase, meaning you will get a maximum of 4 catapult shots per turn, not per phase.

Princes in Chariots on their own is most unwise as they are far far far to vurnrable. If you want to take lots of chariots characters iether fill up your special choices with more chariots or take a king as your lord. Leave the 20 skeles with LA/S unless you want the extra shooting.

Most rank and file can go through 10 in one round. With static Combat Res. of 5 they only need to cause a wound or two to make sure that they will crumble away. Units of 15 bowmen are the way forward.

No Scorpions?! Get one if not two, they are one of our best units and the best thing to deal with war machines and lone characters.

Drop the collar on the LHP and give it to your general, you shouldn't be putting the LHP in a position where he can be shot anyway.

Hope that helps,

Will Adams

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Drop the Collar from the High Priest and put in on your General, the save is more worthwhile there. Your Hierophant will also benefit more from the Mighty Plaques over the Hjar.

You magic may be risky here, the 3 incants on the chariots will be nice, as early on your opponant will have to decide between them moving and the SSCs shooting. Later on your chariots will be in the enemy lines, and you wont be wanting to fire your SSCs incase you hit your own chariots. So long as you use the High Priest well for support later on then you should be fine. You just cant afford to get tied down, or the chariots will crumble fast.

I think the large skellie unit are ok as they are, without bows. Possibly drop a Prince to on foot and put him in there, make him your general with Collar of Shapesh. Then drop a chariot unit for a scorpion, having atleast one of these is invaluable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I guess the collar on the general is smarter. Will it seems that you do not understand, have 3 units of chariots and each prince is in a different one These units are my hammers. Also 5 wide RandF troops with FC need to do 3 wounds to the bowmen to get them to fully crumbleonce I rank up, on average they do 2. When I have 3 princes and a hierophant thart can all cast smiting once a turn that is a possible 6 SSC shots a turn. And when they get to my lines its urgensy time. I wanted TS but I decided on the LHP for the extra magic boost.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Please review your army book.

A) A unit can only be affected by Righteous Smiting once per turn.
    A Tomb Prince's "My Will Be Done!" can only be targeted at himself or the unit he is in. If he is in a chariot he cannot join a SSC crew.

On to your list:

The Banner of the Undying Legion is much more effective on a sponge unit than a hammer unit. The Mirage Standard provides better shooting protection and if your chariots start taking wounds in CC then you've already messed up and they are unlikely to survive until your next magic phase.

You've only got one anvil for 3 hammers. Maybe two if you count the swarms. Do you expect your opponent to just march across the field and let you hit him in the flanks out of the kindness of his heart? Or do you plan to charge light chariots head on into ranked infantry? (In case you've never actually tried it, this is a very very bad idea.)

As has been mentioned, LHP's benefit more from the Plaques than they do the Hieratic Jar if you choose to use only one or the other.
    ^_^

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Indeed you may only smite each SSC once per magic phase. With one High Priest supporting both, you will probably only get 3 shots per turn if you are lucky. If your opponant is smart they wll throw 3 or 4 dice to dispel the first cast, then scroll the second in early turns if they need to.
    The plaques ill help far more with your SSC Smiting. If you happen to roll 6 or less on 3 dice, then it can be easily dispelled, as will the next spell likely. The reroll will be far more helpful that the one extra spell.

+ Reply to Thread