Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey its me.. Again... Have now made a 2k army and not sure if it will work vs orcs and WE. 2000points is all the figures i have basically, but willig to but some more.
Liche High Priest [Hierophant]: Cloak of Dunes, Dispell Scroll, Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations.
Tomb Prince [General]: Light Armor, Sheild, Great Weapon, Collar of Shapesh.
Liche Pries: Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening
Core units 4/?:
Skeleton Warriors (20): HW+S+Light Armor+Full Command.
Skeleton Warriors (10): Bow
Tomb Swam (1)
Skeleton Light Horsemen (: bow
Special Units 4/4:
Tomb Guard(10): Hw+S+Champion
Rare Units 2/2:
Screaming Skull Catapult: Skulls of the Foe
Total amount of points: 1959
Sorry about the long wait on this one dude, ive been busy at Uni all day. Anyway, down to business:
High priest is the less common of the 2 Lord choices at 2K generally. Not necessarily a bad thing though. The wargear setup you have on him is fine.
Prince and Priest are also good. Look at filling that third hero slot. Id say look at a third priest, and possibly a Casket if you want total magic domination.
The skellie units are fine, possibly boost the unit of 20 to 24, and put the Prince there.
The Light Cav drop to 5 or 6. 8 isnt really a common or decent size for their unit.
The Tomb Guard unit is far to small to be effective. If you want them as a unit for your prince, boost them to 19 atleast, 24 would be better (Use plastic skellies for everything behingd the front rank though, cheaper lol). From there add Full Command and the banner of Undying Legion.
How many carrion are in that unit by the way? 3 or 5 make a good unit size, preferably 5 if you can afford them.
SSC is great. Bone giant not so much, but thats mainly as he is far too many points currently, he definitely needs a reduction. If you decide to take a Casket as i suggested earlier, then drop the BG over the SSC.
My 2 cents.
1. The drop the shield off your GW prince, it really isnt going to be of much use in CC since he has a GW.
2. Think about trading out the Bone Giant for a Casket of Souls and a lich priest with a dispell scroll. The lich can sit on the casket and cast smiting on the SSC nearby.
3. The Tomb Guard need to either get bigger or go away altogether. If you get rid of them use the points to beef up your main skelle block to 25+ and stick the prince in with them.
4. Get rid of full command on the skelle unit. We dont need musicians as much as other armies do and our champion is a joke, use the points saved to further flesh out the unit with skelles. More skelles = more wounds = more outnumbering numbering = better static combat rez = auto break fear. I would keep the standard though, that adds to CR.
5. How many carrion are you using?
6. 3 Charriots is good but against certain opponents they might duff the charge, think about adding one more to the unit for good measure. 3 to 4 charriots is ideal size, really depends on personal pref though.
The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
Normally id say dont bother with FC on skellie units too, but in this case IF your prince is in there:
Standard is good for + Res
Champ can accept challenges when you want the prince to take out some Rank and File. Also you can res back your champ with magic, so even if you dont have a prince in there, he can continue to take damage without the main unit taking huge casualties (Cres damage will still be the same, but all in all its less to Res back)
Music is great as if you draw, and the opponant doesnt have one, the outnumber + fear rules still come into effect.
Ofcourse if you have the large TGuard block to, the prince should definitely go there.