2k tomb kings list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k tomb kings list

have been using this list for a while and am wonderin what ppl think

liche high priest -golden ankhra
    -hieratic jar 305
    -cloak of the dunes

tomb prince - chariot
    - chariot of fire
    light armour
    -sheild
    -spear 176

liche priest - steed
    - dispel scroll 148

liche priest - steed
    - dispel scroll 148

10 heavy cavelry - FC
    -banner of the undying legion 220

5 light cavelry - bows

2 tomb swarms -poisened attacks

6 chariots - FC

scorpion - killing blow

3 carrion - fly

bone giant - unstobbable assault

bone giant - unstobbable assault

basically in the first turn i focuss all my magic on getting the chariots to charge ( 24" between deployment zones 8 " move in the movement phase 16" charge in the magic phase with urgency)

Please remove point costs that reveal individual model costs. Thanks. ~DVC04

Last edited by DavidWC09; November 16th, 2007 at 01:40. Reason: Removed some point costs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, just a few thots as I have to run. You have to be at LEAST 24 inches away, so at minimum 24.000000000000001 inches, so you cant charge first turn with a 24 inch max movement, it just doesnt work, you, if set up properly, should always come up short, even if it is but a hair.

Only other thot I have right now is I dont like undead lists without at least 1 block unit of skellys, they are unbreakable, cause fear, and you can bring them back to life pretty readily, great for holding things up, or use their numbers to auto-break things when combined with a charge from a giant or something else to negate ranks.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

2 things before i begin
    - remove points costs of ome units, its against forum rules.
    - There is an Army Lists section of the TK forum that you should post lists in.

The Golden Ankrah is quite an expensive item, and with the Cloak you should be able to keep the High Priest away from harm easily enough. I think you could safely drop this. The Mighty Plaques are often a better choice for a High Priest than the Hjar too.

Im not a fan of the Flaming chariot. You could add the Collar to him for a good save, as is he is a little vulnerable.

Look at the Staff of Ravening for one priest, then switch both Scrolls to the other. iI can be a very good and useful item.

Loose the FC from the Heavy cav, though keeping the SB for the magic banner may be a good idea.

A unit of 6 Chariots is far too big, assuming the Prince is there too its far too big a unit. Its too expensive and not manouverable enough. Drop it to 3, just with standard and add the prince to the unit. Champ and to some extent Music are a waste of points for chariots.

Try and get a second scorp into the list, and / or add 2 carrion to the existing unit.

Dual BoneGiants can be good, but very expensive. Watch out for cannons and bolt throwers, they will crumble the big guys first chance they get.

+ Reply to Thread