2000pt Tk Army for Critique - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

2000pt Tk Army for Critique

Hi,

Just throwing up a list I was thinking about using and what ppl's thoghts are on it.

Lord
    Tomb King - Spear of Antarhak, Enchanted Sheild, Light Armour, Chariot, Golden Ankhra

Heroes
    Tomb Prince - Light Armour, Crook and Flail of Radience

Liche Priest - Dispell scroll, Jar

Liche Priest - 2 Dispell Scolls

Core
    10 Heavy Cav - FC

5 Chariots - FC

4 Chariots - FC

29 Skeleton Bowmen - FC

Special

4 Carrion

Rare

Bone Giant

The idea behind the army is to throw most of the characters except the King in the big block of Skeleton bowen. Depending on the army facing, I would either hold eveything back and use the bowmen and chariots to pepper the enemy with arrows, and then when they get close refor the bowmen and charge with my hard hitting units... Carrion ae there to annoy enemy war machine crews.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I like the character setup, though your hiero will be far better off with the Cloak and Jar rather than a scroll.
    Also im not sure about magic weapomns on a Prince, they come in quite expensive, leaving him unprotected. Id say drop the C+F for the Collar of Shapesh + GW. Possibly mount the prince too.

Loose the FC on the chariots and Cav. Take a standard on the cav if you will also be giving them a magic banner (UDL or warbanner recommended) Take Standards on the chariot units. Max size for a chariot unit id say should be 4, 5 is just a little too hard to handle. That includes characters, so 3 to join the King and 4 to go oalone, unless the Prnce will be joining a second unit of 3.

29 bowmen is a bit large for a unit, and they are far too defensive in what is essentially a purely offensive list. Id say loose them alll together, and make your 3rd core another Chariot unit.

Any way you could squeeze in a Scorp or Scarab base? i thnk these guys will really help you out here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Ok... what if I drop the skelton unit as you have suggested and throw in another unit of 4 chariots with a standard. I mount the Tomb Price on a chariot and then mount the two Liche priests on steeds...

I like having units of at least 4 in preference to units of one 3. This is mainly because I like to have a unit strength of at least 12 which should give me half a chance when I get the charge off and win combat with some luck I will be outnumbering the enemy and make them flee...

That is my reasoning behind the bigger units of chariots it seems to work well generally.

I normally don't really worrt too much about scorpians that is more because that have a uni strength of 4 which is not enough when you flank to cancel out rank bonuses on he ememies hence I have a bone giant.

How is this then...

Lord
    Tomb King - Spear of Antarhak, Enchanted Sheild, Light Armour, Chariot, Golden Ankhra

Heroes
    Tomb Prince - Light Armour, Crook and Flail of Radience, Chariot

Liche Priest - Cloak of Dunes, Jar - Steed

Liche Priest - 2 Dispell Scolls - Steed

Core
    10 Heavy Cav - FC

5 Chariots - Standard

4 Chariots - Stamdard

4 Chariots - Standard

Special

4 Carrion

Rare

Bone Giant

There are still a few points to play with, around 80, what would ppl suggest?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Cool, if the chariots work for you then fair enough. I can imagine that 4 unit of 5 look quite intimidating on the field.

Possibly one of the 1st people I know not to like using Scorps. Ideally they shouldnt be used as flankers. Use ICFB, or otherwise, and have them on warmachine and lone character hunting.

With your spare points, add one or 2 Carrion to the unit, that way they have US5+ and can negate ranks, or even have 2 units of 3 or 4 for filling the missing Scorps role.

Possibly give the Kings unit a Warbanner too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I guess its not that I don't like Scorpians.. it is also something to do with my opponents... and hence they really are usless against them hence no Scorpians... in General play though I will normally try to feild one...

I know another TK player who runs units of 4 & 5 chariots and swears by it. They are intimidating and there are a lot of wounds in the unit.

Thinking I might throw in a banner ... maybe UDL ... not sure whether to put it with the Heavy Cav as they have the liche priests in them and it would give them some more survivability. which is what I really get a feeling that I need.

+ Reply to Thread