My 1K list and opponents 1K Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

My 1K list and opponents 1K Empire

My list

Tomb Prince w/ great weapon, light armour, collar of shapesh.
    Pts 131

Liche Priest (Hierophant) w/ hand weapon, hieratic jar, cloak of the dunes.
    Pts 160

Liche Priest w/ hand weapon, skeletal steed.
    Pts 123

19 Skeletons w/ hand weapons, spears + shields.
    Pts 171

10 Skeletons w/ hand weapons, bows.

3 Chariots w/ banner of the undying legion.
    Pts 165

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Total Pts 1000

Opponent's List

Warrior Priest (General) w/ full plate, great weapon.

LvL 2 Wizard w/ rod of power

30 Swordsmen w/ full command, 10 man free company detachment

10 Crossbowmen.

10 Crossbowmen.

5 Huntsmen

5 Huntsmen

15 Flagellants

5 Knights w/ Cavalry hammers (great weapons)

There you go Deceiver I hope you can help me out with this very annoying Empire list. There is only 1 thing that I like about it..... artillery at all!

2. Remove Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Lancaster / Warwick, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

No Artillary! Well, thats a good place to start, by picking on his weakness. If you decide to play defensive, then he is going to have to come to you.

So first off, get a SS Catapult in there, and pound his troops with that. Best thing you have for taking out Armoured Knights, and it can panic the rest pretty well too. That 30 strong unit makes a nice big target...

Drop the Spears from your Skellies. NEVER take spear skellies. To use them as they should, as a sponge, give them HW/S.
    Alternatively, as you are going defensive, maybe have the large unit with Bows too. Given the advancing enemy has only T3, and not the best of Armour (apart from the Knights, but theyre dealt with by the SSC) then you should be able to shoot a few of the smaller units up before they get too close.

iven you do that, then the 10xBowman unit can be dropped to freee p the points for the SSC. use a sinle swarm as your 2nd Core choice. Good for ICFB or holding up small units as they get close.

LP, as i said in the last thread, needs the Staff of Ravening if you can get it in.

Your ICFB units should target the Crossbowmen, Flank or Rear if possible. You wont get any bonus, but at the same time they wont be able to stand and shoot.

You may also need to drop a Scorp for points, but the Swarm and other Scorp should be enough ICFB wise.

Basically id say do something like this:

TP, GW, Collar
    LP (H) Cloak
    LP, SoR

19Skellies, bows

3Chariots, SB, BotUL

SSC, SotF

That comes to 981 pts i think, add a Banner and Music to the Warrior unit or something..
    Last edited by Phoenix; November 25th, 2007 at 18:55.

+ Reply to Thread