2000 Point semi-balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point semi-balanced

The main reason I am calling this list semi-balanced is that I lack Cavalry and I can only field one unit of chariots. Aside from that, I covered most of the stops with 2 static skeleton warrior units, a CC King, 3 liches some chariots, bowmen, a Catapault and some Scorpions/Swarms. If you have any tips, I'd be glad to hear them, and I may just add that this will mainly be fielded against Ogres, Orcs/Goblins and occasionally Dwarfs (Those will be the hardest games). Anyway, I guess I'll just delve right into my undead Host.

Heros-Tomb King, Collar of Shapesh, great weapon (201)

Heros-Hierophant, Hiractic Jar, Cloak of the dunes (160)

Heros-Liche Priest, skeletal mount, staff of ravening (16

Heros-Liche priest, 2 dispel scrolls, skeletal mount (173)

Core- 24 Skeleton warriors, shields, full command (217)

Core- 25 Skeleton warriors, shields, banner, musician (215)

Core- 10 Skeletal bowmen (80)

Core- 10 Skeletal bowmen (80)

Core- Tomb Swarm

Core- 3 Chariots (120)

Special- 4 Ushabti (260)

Special- 2 Tomb Scorpions (170)

Rare- Screaming Skull Catapault, skulls of the foe (110)

I am fairly confident in the list, only that the Ushabti will be beaten down by the cheaper Ogres, and against Orcs, they may not fare well except as a counter-charge unit. I am considering dropping the Ushabti in favor of another unit of Chariots and 2 groups of 5 light Horsemen, just for the added mobility and ranged weapons (the glory of fighting foes that are either slow, lightly armored or a combination of the two...)

Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this list will suffer alot due to lack of speed. If you want to play a fully defensive list get two catapults, a LHP and a prince on a chariot.

I would swap the two bowmen units for another unit of three chariots and a second tomb swarm as you need at least two of them. How are you going to protect the mounted priests? Prehaps a few caddy units of Light Horsemen would be good.

Overall though not a bad list, could just do with a few tweeks.

Will

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ushabti are a great unit, though they do need to get the charge, If they dont, they are easily crumbled by most opponants.

It looks like your going defensive, so id say get a Casket for your 3rd Priest to sit at (though Will said get a second SSC, the choice is yours really...) in which case, you probably wont be needing 2 scrolls.

Its kinda similiar to my list, so i like it

The fact you lack Skellie Cavalry is more of an advantage than disadvantage to you imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, drop the Ushabti for a casket or a second catapult? I may want to keep at least 1 chariot unit for counter charging if my warriors get in trouble. Very Dwarflike possibilities with this one...
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definatly keep the chariots, personally I would take at least 2 units of three for some manouverability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may just adapt this to a more defensive force and just rely on 3 units of 10 bowmen, 2 static units of 25 warriors and a few liches/a casket of souls to win the day (and a catapault, of course)

That said, scrapping the casket for a second catapault and another unit of chariots (or horsemen to prevent marching towards my line) and I have a more rounded out force at my disposal.

I have an exam and I just got out of thanksgiving break, so I have a lot of schoolwork to do, but I'll have an assault and a defense list ready by friday at the latest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I said Sunday at the latest-I was a busy little Bee today and managed to pump out 2 lists, so which looks more effective considering our army?

Assault-esque (mobile)

Tomb King, Crown of Kings, GW
    Liche Priest Hierophant, Hiratic Jar, cloak of the dunes
    Liche Priest, Staff of Ravening, mounted
    Liche Priest, mounted
    24 Skeleton Warriors, shields, full command
    25 Skeleton Warriors, shields, musician, standard
    10 Bowmen
    10 Bowmen
    3 Chariots
    3 Chariots
    5 Light Horsemen
    5 Light Horsemen
    Catapault, Skulls of the foe
    2 Scorpions
    2 Tomb Swarms

So, pretty much just using light cavalry and chariots to cause the havoc that a simple casket of souls can do once the enemy gets close enough. This is suited better to deal with dwarfs, but more archers or a second catapault may be more effective with less risk.

Defensive- counter attack

Tomb King, Crown of Kings, GW
    Liche Priest, Hierophant, Hiratic Jar, cloak of the dunes
    Liche Priest, Staff of Ravening
    Liche Priest, Casket of Souls
    24 Warriors (4 ranks of 6), full command
    24 Warriors (4 ranks of 6), musician, standard
    10 bowmen
    10 bowmen
    3 chariots
    3 chariots
    2 scorpions
    2 swarms
    catapault, skulls of the foe

I wish I had 8 points, but I dont, so I'll either use my warriors in 4 ranks of 6, or have 5 of 5 and put the Liche with his staff of ravening in it. Other than that, 2 static units to tie up enemy once they charge in and then flank with chariots.

So, I'd personally go for #2, but #1 may have some potential, albeit very little.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The only real difference in your more assaulty list i that the casket has been dropped for the Light Cav. Going on that, of the two i think you will be better off with the defensive list.
    Though how has the Kings wargear come about? Definitely get the Collar on him alongside the Crown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, and thus we come to a fascinating climax. The only logical ways I have been able to find points for equipment on the king is to drop a rank off of one of the warrior units, take off a swarm (or a scorpion if need be) or severely limit how I can equip my second liche.

With all this in mind, I am considering taking 4 skeleton warriors off the unit the king is not part of, meaning I will need my liche with the staff of ravening to be close by to cast incantations so this unit doesn't get wipd out. That, or I could take only one swarm and lose the effectiveness of the other, or drop both for nearly 100 points to blow elsewhere.

I think that by reducing my warrior units to a 24 with king and one of 20 would be the most logical...or one unit in 3 ranks of ten with the king.......very cruel, and with 2 liches in close attendance they will stay pretty large in number and still have a few points for ranks. But mostly, very cruel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the most ideal force in all Nehekarian History, but pretty decent nonetheless. Note the new toy for the king, hence the phrase-it's good to be the king! I would like to say now, I am having an incredibly hard time of getting a ward save for the liche on the Casket of souls, so I would like to ask if anyone has any bright ideas to grab points for a Golden Ankhra?

Lord- Tomb King, Armour of the ages, collar of shapesh, GW

Heros-Liche Priest, Hierophant, Hiratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes
    Heros-Liche Priest, Staff of Ravening (may be dropped for an Ankhra on the Casket)
    Heros-Liche Priest, Casket of souls

Core-24 skeleton Warriors, full command, shields
    Core-20 Skeleton Warriors, musician, standard, shields
    Core-10 Skeleton Bowmen
    Core-10 Skeleton Bowmen
    Core-2 Swarms
    Core-3 Chariots
    Core-3 Chariots

Special-2 Scorpions

Rare-Screaming Skull Catapault, skulls of the foe
    (Rare-Casket of Souls)

Basic, sit shoot and hold list. I am expecting a lot of fun if I can manage to deploy the Casket on a hill so pretty much the entire enemy army will be cut down before the SSC and bowmen let loose.

Quick note-with a priest on a Casket, and one babysitting the catapault, the King casting "my will be done" on his own unit, do you figure that just the hierophant will be able to keep the rest of the army afloat? That said the liche with the staff is intended mainly for catapault duties, do you figure he will be better left naked and shoot for an Ankhra for the casket?

Many thanks-Lord of the Dead

+ Reply to Thread