2000 pt. offensive 2 of 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. offensive 2 of 2

i made the units a little bit quicker, this ones an even more mobilized version of the first list, but i dunno if youd consider this list a far stretch of a variation from the first, lemme know what you guys think thanks!

Lord:
    Tomb King (solo)
    Armour of the Ages
    Great Weapon
    Shield

Heroes:
    Hierophant
    Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest
    Steed

Liche Priest
    Steed

Core:
    16 Skeleton Achers
    Light Armour

4 Chariots

4 Chariots

4 Chariots

Special:
    25 Tomb Guard
    Full Command
    Banner of the Undying Legion

5 Carrion

1 Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult
    Skulls of the Foe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Fast mobility wth Chariots doesnt work well with Duall SSCs, they have counteracting tactics.

If youre going for a fast mobile list, then id say drop both SSCs and loose the Skellie Bowmen.

Swap out a Priest for a Chariot Prince, and get the King a Chariot to. Gear them up with Magic items, (ill leave that to you for now). Have 2 units of 3 Chariots for the Characters to join, and then a third and 4th unit of 4 each. Have the Kings unit with a Magic Banner.

The remaining Priest on Steed, give him the Staff of Ravening. Also add the Hjar or Plaques to the Hiero.

For all this, you may have to look at loosing the TG too.

An extra Scorp would be nice, as well as a second unit of Carrion.

Fill in gaps with a Swarm and some small light Cav units, and voila! A fast TK list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With respect to the SCC's I agree with deciever. Points spent on 2 war machines would be better spent on mobile units.

With respect to your tomb king I also agree with deciever; mount him on a chariot and tool him up with offensive weapons rather than armor. At T5 and 4 wounds, armor of the ages is just overkill unless you're playing a dedicated defensive list and I get the sense you intend this list to be anything but. Chariot of fire and flail of skulls are great options, If you intend to go magic-heavy, the blade of mourning and the crown of kings make a nice combination.

I disagree with deciever about the skeleton archers. They can be useful even in a mobile list. Their shots can go a long way on guarding a vulnerable flank. That being said, for the love of Settra lose the light armor. Giving them a 6+ armor save will get you absolutely nowhere. The Tomb guard can also be useful, but going with the mobility theme of the army they'd be better served by the Icon of Rakaph than the banner you've got them holding. 25 models and t4 with some armor is enough to soak up a reasonable amount of hits as long as you have dedicated war machine hunters. Giving them a 360 charge arc by letting them reform at the beginning of every movement phase makes them infinitely more flexible. Best of luck with this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm taking both your guys replies into account, i really do have opposing strategies and a lot of tweaks i need to make to my army lists, im still trying to decide whether i should make a defensive army, an offensive army, mobile or ranged build but im going to post a new army list as soon as i get a chance, thanks for all the continued help and advice guys appriciate it

+ Reply to Thread